PDA

View Full Version : WOW and Magictouch

gstk
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Just a quick mention for Owen and the chaps at Magictouch. We have tried to use their WOW papers and failed miserably over the last 2 years. To the extent that I gave up and the papers gathered dust. I mentioned this in passing when enquiring about printable vinyls and they said "Book a training session" We did and a couple of weeks a go we went and spent 2 hours exporing from start to finsh the process.

Great session and it really is great paper when you get it to work. Havent really had time to do a proper go but feel more confident now.

I may be quick to moan but I do praise where praise is due.

Paul
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
how much did you payed for this training if this is not a secret?

bms
09-06-2011, 06:57 PM
They usually offer it free of charge. It's in their interests to get you using the paper obviously.

AdamB
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
They usually offer it free of charge. It's in their interests to get you using the paper obviously.

FREE - Can I ask when they are out and about in South Wales to pop into my little shop and give me a 2hr chit-chat .................. I don't mind closing.

Ahhh - I bet that I have to travel somewhere that'll cost me about 50 squid in petrol for my free lesson (I know, it can't be perfect!).

Stitch Up
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Ahhh - I bet that I have to travel somewhere that'll cost me about 50 squid in petrol for my free lesson (I know, it can't be perfect!).

Dunstable from memory

bms
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes you have to go to them!

AdamB
09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Dunstable from memory

thanks John

Yes you have to go to them!

Ummmm - wonder if my webcam would suffice? (lol)

purpledragon
09-06-2011, 08:14 PM
the process is easy enough ive had great results i used you tube to teach me how it works . i found that the stuff is very finiky the press temp needs to be spot on but at 2 quid an a4 print its very expensive

gstk
09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
the process is easy enough ive had great results i used you tube to teach me how it works . i found that the stuff is very finiky the press temp needs to be spot on but at 2 quid an a4 print its very expensive

I think you'll find its nearer £3.
Yes it was a free session.
Its not as easy as it looks.

purpledragon
09-06-2011, 11:12 PM
ur right 3 quid so the boss reliably informs me (the wife)

logobear
10-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I have visited MT hq 4 times for training and always get somthing from it.
If you think education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance!
I always fill up with mugs to save on carriage! Their new web design tool is deffo worth a look!
Phil

Jimbo
06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Themagictouch have a new version of their Wow paper. Said to be a lot quicker and easier to use. Dont know if or when it's due for release.

Stitch Up
06-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Themagictouch have a new version of their Wow paper. Said to be a lot quicker and easier to use. Dont know if or when it's due for release.

It's impressive to watch them using it on well rehearsed designs BUT, it's simply to expensive/fiddly in its present form.

AdamB
06-07-2011, 03:38 PM
It's impressive to watch them using it on well rehearsed designs BUT, it's simply to expensive/fiddly in its present form.

How new is this then John? Is there any videos about with demos on? Sorry, loads of questions - it's just that you're my hero! (DTG and all that)

Stitch Up
06-07-2011, 03:45 PM
You know Adam, I haven't seen the demos in a while, probably at the last show we went to. The MT stand is always crowded & busy, people watching them using the WoW transfer system. Of course, they use stock images they've used many times and know it's going to work.

After our recent horrible experience with the DTG, we've taken a breather to recover. Angie's experienced a change of job in the same period so we both needed a bit of a rest. We're sort of reviewing the way forward just now but it's very hard when we both have full time jobs! I start at 7am finish at 4:30 and then I'm on-call everyday this month except 4 days! I'm not getting any younger!

DTG is brilliant, it's easy to do but still quite time consuming and that's something we lack - time.

One day huh!!

AdamB
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
...One day huh!!

I know what you mean John - and I thought my day had come after receiving an email from the lottery with 'Good News' and 'Check your Ticket' this morning ..... Yeah I was a winner, but over 2 million got the same prize (2 numbers) - still £2.80 is better than a kick in the teeth!

Stitch Up
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
A lottery win would cetainly help, especially £167,000,000 on the Euro :) I've already got my eye on an executive jet and helicopter and a 5 mug heat press :) If I won the lottery, I'd give Angie half and then bu**er off into the sunset. Trouble is a fiver wouldn't get me far.

Good to see the business seems to be going okay.