PDA

View Full Version : I got one! Cheap too!

Flash
27-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Ok, so I should have been enjoying my time off with the family :oops: But I managed to sneek behind the sofa with the laptop and put in a sneeky 'offer' on a Mug Press on Feebay ;) And guess what? 2 hours later the offer was accepted http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_cheers.png
The press appears identical to the DF1 in every way but I paid a meer £70.00 + £9.50 courier Delivery!
I'm now trying the same cheekyness on an Epson D120 ;)

Phil

Justin
27-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Go for it, I like a bargain myself!

Stitch Up
28-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Rather than be 'sneaky' :D I use Goofbay to snipe my bids on eBay. It's excellent as you don't have to leave your PC on to make the snipe bid.

I've used many other sniping software in the past, the ones that required your PC to be switched on were a pain.

Checkout GOOFBAY (https://www.goofbay.com/free_ebay_sniper.html)

Flash
28-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey Stitch, you don't need that software if you are making offers on their listed price. You just need to appeal to their kind nature........ and bid them in the BA**S :D It doesn't always work though, I may have won the press at a great price but the offer I made on the Epson D120 was rejected :( Never mind I got one at a great price in the end!
Happy days!

Phil

Robert
29-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I have been watching a mug press on ebay myself, trying to make my mind up whether to get it -it was £89, but then I noticed someone swiped it for £70 best offer - must have been you!
:D
I viewed the sellers other items to find that they had listed the same item for £89 - it wasn't there for long before I noticed that it was sold again for £70.
Having checked again, found that the seller had listed yet another - £89. I therefore went straight in for best offer of £70, and won it. I checked and he has listed yet another, so if anyone else is looking for a mug press, just have a look on ebay and you should find the same one.

Flash
29-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I have been watching a mug press on ebay myself, trying to make my mind up whether to get it -it was £89, but then I noticed someone swiped it for £70 best offer - must have been you!
:D
I viewed the sellers other items to find that they had listed the same item for £89 - it wasn't there for long before I noticed that it was sold again for £70.
Having checked again, found that the seller had listed yet another - £89. I therefore went straight in for best offer of £70, and won it. I checked and he has listed yet another, so if anyone else is looking for a mug press, just have a look on ebay and you should find the same one.

Get in quick, before they are all gone ;) At this rate they should be giving me mine for nothing :lol:

Phil

John G
29-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Let us all know how you get on with these presses. I had a look at them on ebay but was put off by the picture - the blanket looks twisted and if this is the case the pressure would be uneven on the mug when pressed.

Cheers John

Robert
29-12-2009, 05:48 PM
If that's the case, could one not buy a new blanket for £35 to correct the issue - £105 still good?

Flash
29-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Let us all know how you get on with these presses. I had a look at them on ebay but was put off by the picture - the blanket looks twisted and if this is the case the pressure would be uneven on the mug when pressed.

Cheers John
John, I have purchased this as a 'new' press, if the blanket is twisted so will his Paypal Account :lol:
That's the good thing about Feebay/Paypal, the customer is always right! Bring it on!

Phil

Flash
29-12-2009, 05:54 PM
If that's the case, could one not buy a new blanket for £35 to correct the issue - £105 still good?
No need, see above!

Phil

Robert
29-12-2009, 05:55 PM
A valid point :)

Paul
29-12-2009, 05:56 PM
the blanket looks twisted and if this is the case the pressure would be uneven on the mug when pressed.

Cheers John
will be fine ;) :twisted:

John G
29-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Where do you get a spare blanket for £35 ?

Flash
29-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Where do you get a spare blanket for £35 ?
BMS it's the same press, just cheaper! Unless my eyes are 'playing me up'. 8)

Phil

Flash
29-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Whoops...that's thrown a 'hand-grenade' into this thread!

Phil

Robert
29-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Now, as I am new to all of this, I am assuming that a wrap is the same as a blanket:
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/heat-presses/528/df1-mug-press.htm

Flash
29-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Now, as I am new to all of this, I am assuming that a wrap is the same as a blanket:
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/heat-presses/528/df1-mug-press.htm
http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_cheers.png My eyes are ok!

Phil

Dharok
29-12-2009, 07:09 PM
LOL! http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/fresse.png

Traynor26
30-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I took the plunge......I got one as well, put a cheeky offer of £65 and got declined...(worth a try eh)....so put £70 and was accepted.

Let's hope this is not a scam, but as everyone has said, Paypal is a godsend!!

So that's me nearly set up, Paul has given me a great deal on his old printer and some inks, got this press, now I just need some paper and a few mugs........then I'm ready to start pulling my hair out and making some mistakes!!!

Karen.
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I have just popped a post in the trading part of this forum as I have a DF180 heat press (used twice) I am selling if anyone is still after one ;)

John G
04-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi All, Someone must have tested one of these £70 presses by now - anybody :roll:

I'd like to here how good - or bad they are.
Cheers John

Robert
04-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey John, coincidentally I just PM'd Flash to ask if he had recieved the press yet - I'm still waiting and with the slow response from the seller, I'm starting to get a bit anxious - although my printer and mugs don't arrive from BS until tomorrow, so no real rush for me - but he is a slow seller to respond to questions and now one week on I am still waiting- I'm going to wait a bit longer given that it was the new year in between after all!
I've already got a new work area set up ready to roll as soon as it arrives, although, I won't really be able to right a very good review (if it does arrive) as I have never used a mug press before - I suppose I will be able to provide feedback from a Newbie point of view and how easy it is to set up and use.

John G
04-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi Robert - that is slow delivery, it does say 4 working days though on the listing. There's not much to set up on these presses so should be a doddle.

Cheers John

Robert
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I have recieved the mug press now. It is different to the ebay picture. It is a model number SMP050 - the same as can be found here for £150 http://simplysublimation.co.uk/
The Wrap does look a little twisted, and there are also a few little dimples on the mat, so have emailed the seller to see if a replacement can be sent. I have not recieved my printer, ink and mugs yet, so am unable to test it at this moment in time.