PDA

View Full Version : funtime or macro for corel draw?

SJL
13-06-2011, 11:01 PM
I am looking to buy software for doing rhinestones and im not sure what to get i have had a look at funtime and the plug in for corel draw but not sure what to go for.

I see the plug in for corel has alot of good features that funtime doesnt do but i dont know if i would use them but when you buy the plug in its $49 and can only be used on 1 computer so if i change computer which i am planning to do later in the year i will loose the plug in and have to buy it again.

I have seen the corel plug in has a stone counter that will work out how much stones you use in the design so that would make things easier to price cant see if funtime does that?

To start with it will be mainly text i will be doing till i get the hang of things.

I just want to know what everyone thoughts are on the 2 packages and if theres any pros and cons.

thanks
steve

Kaz
13-06-2011, 11:13 PM
I use funtime and it can only be used on one computer aswell.

I find it really easy to use, though I've not came across a stone count, that's not to say it's not there.

Not tried the corel plug in, so can't comment on that

purpledragon
13-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I have never heard of funtime so i put funtime into google to see what i could find. My wife no longer allows me to use google!!!!!!!

draig
14-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I use the r-stones plug in, the support you get from MacroMonster is second to none. Yes you can only use it on 1 computer, but at approx £30 and free updates I don't think it's to bad a deal. It's a very easy to use piece of software, and does a good job.

Kaz
14-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Does the r-stones plug in do a stone count for you?

SJL
14-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies i think i will go for the r-stones plug in for the corel draw as it does seem more advanced than funtime from what i have read online.

Kaz from the youtube video i have seen it does a stone count and you can also put in the price you pay per stone and it calculates the total price for the design which could be handy if you are doing big designs using differnt sized stone etc

mrs maggot
17-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I have never heard of funtime so i put funtime into google to see what i could find. My wife no longer allows me to use google!!!!!!!

i think that woooshed over everyones head :) :) :) :)

Stitch Up
17-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Does the r-stones plug in do a stone count for you?

Yes, and costing. And, the latest version does colour seperations too!!

bms
17-06-2011, 10:56 PM
i think that woooshed over everyones head :) :) :) :)

I did have a chuckle as well, but the thread was several days old by then so I didn't post back. :) Nice one Brett!

purpledragon
17-06-2011, 11:57 PM
must be my warped mind