PDA

View Full Version : Best printer for transfer paper?

Glenn73
14-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Hi everyone could anyone recommend a printer just for transfer paper TTC etc ,I tried it on the Oki9650 and wasnt to impressed I have been browsing the web and,Epson has been mentioned and Durabite ink ?
Could anyone help me out I seriously confused!!!

boristrump
14-06-2011, 06:38 AM
epson printer with Durabite ink is an pigment ink which is very good for Transfer the Colour is great even with water Decal transfer to cuz i've used it and as always got great results! also i should mention to that with the epson printer for using for transfer work being t-shirts mugs epson is a good choice really.
hopefully someone else will come along soon and add to this so hopefully you will not be confused in the end!

Glenn73
14-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks boristrump any piarticular make or model what sort of price range do they start from ?

boristrump
15-06-2011, 02:35 PM
well the epson s21 is a good choice to start out with some of the shops still sell it as its now recently a discontinued version the last time i look in at comet they still had them for sale you can get the refillable carts of ebay plus pigment ink. mabe someone again will add to this? mabe paul and his amazing icc making colormunki!
software if you ever need custom ink and paper correction done paul ya man :)

bms
15-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone could anyone recommend a printer just for transfer paper TTC etc ,I tried it on the Oki9650 and wasnt to impressed I have been browsing the web and,Epson has been mentioned and Durabite ink ?
Could anyone help me out I seriously confused!!!

TTC paper is for laser printers so an Epson printer won't be suitable. What was wrong with the Oki?

Durabrite ink is used for printable flex but this isn't the same as TTC. TTC goes onto light coloured garments where as durabrite inks on printable flex is usually used for dark coloured garments (similar to OBM).

Glenn73
15-06-2011, 10:47 PM
I was thinking that today Martin doh my fault silly mistake !!!!
The problem with the oki is that after i print with the ttc there is bad marking on the next 10 to 20 sheets on both sides, I set the printer to heavy stock, used the manual feed tray and printed face up ...I dont know what else to try...I dont mind cleaning the press but I could nt afford to spend my day cleaning a press after every sheet !!!
Dont know what else to try ..........

bms
15-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Have you contacted TMT to find out if the Oki printer you use is suitable? There are arrows on the back of TTC so did you put it in the printer the right way round? Do you have TTC A4R or TTC A4? The R makes a difference to the way the material should be fed into your printer. The A4R stuff gies in with the narrow edge first (like normal A4 paper). TTC A4 gies into the printer long edge first and us often used in A3 printers.

You need the correct TTC for your printer. Which do you have?

Glenn73
15-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah mate contacted Magic Touch they said it was compatable with the oki 9650,so i bought TTC 3.1 A4 ,I put it in long ways with the arrows going in the right direction also If im correct gloss side up, maybe i should have got A4r and tried it short edge to see if it would make a difference but too costly to find out. Its the marking thats the problem I print wedding stationary so I u can see my problem.
Is there a cheap printer I could buy that would use TTC ?

bms
16-06-2011, 08:52 AM
What are the markings? Is this a worn drum unit in your printer? The Oki printer that's recommended for A4 is the Oki 610 now

Glenn73
16-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Toner marks mate black lines on both sides of the page

Glenn73
16-06-2011, 10:49 AM
The printer is brand new only done about 300 copies

bms
16-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Are these marks only on TTC paper? Do they disappear when you use ordinary paper? If they do then scan the print on TTC and send it to TMT - they are usually very good in disgnostics.

logobear
18-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Xerox dc12 is awesome.
Magic touch have a deal, but only for high volume operation and machine is big and bulky.
Lease with 1 month notice us £160 per month but nothing touches quality or speed.

Glenn73
19-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah Martin it appears after using TTC so I spoke to one of the guys at TMT and he told me to try label 2 setting ,this worked fine and was able to print another job after that with no marks. I then left the machine for a couple of hours came back printed one sheet and it was covered in toner marks front and back, so Im wondering is there something wrong with the press itself and the TTC is just a coincidence ? As i said before its basically brand new with oki toner etc

jcjohncruzes
03-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I think the Epson R285 printer is ideal for you. It is very cheap and the quality also good. It is an affordable cost-effective printer.

bms
03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I think the Epson R285 printer is ideal for you. It is very cheap and the quality also good. It is an affordable cost-effective printer.??? The R285 has nothing to do with TTC paper. Do not use an inkjet printer of any sorts with TTC - this is only for laser printers.