PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt quote required

dj_doubler
15-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi all,

Looking for someone to do me a quote for 25 tshirts... not 100% sure on which method.. Vinyl / Sublimation / DTG etc... if someone could let me know I can send example of work across if required and then take it from there...

Regards

Anthony

Kaz
15-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Anthony

You'll need to be more specific, i.e, what colour tees do you want, and then it'll more than likely determine who can give you a quote.

If you could upload an image it would help even more

:-)

AdamB
15-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Anthony, as Kaz said more information would be better mate:

Is the decoration a full multi colour graphic, if so vinyl is out of the question.

If it's full colour and on a white T then chromablast is an option on 100% cotton T's - if it's coloured garments that are required then printable transfer/vinyl or DTG is the option.

What are the T shirts for? If it's for a one off (promotion/corporate event) then a transfer is the best option - if not then it won't fit the bill.

What quality T-shirts are required, again this plays into what are they required for and do they need to last?

And lastly what colour T's are required, and are they for male or female.

A lot of questions mate but I can quote on two jobs in the shop with significant differences in price as one may be a t-shirt to 'wear forever' and the other is a stag t-shirt that's worn on the night and thrown away!

dj_doubler
15-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi

Thanks for the reply... I am getting prices on behalf of a customer... as far as I am aware the answer are as follows (sorry if I miss somthing)

Tshirt's black or white
Tees will be "forever wear"
Quote just for male tees
I can send you a link to the design (have not yet recieved the "actual art work" but can gladly show you a picture to get an idea..

hope this goes some way to explain what I need - sorry to be vague but they did not provide me with much info... just looking for a rough figure

Anthony

AdamB
15-06-2011, 11:17 PM
just the design now Anthony - if you could send a link or PM it me I could PM you a quote.

dj_doubler
15-06-2011, 11:50 PM
just the design now Anthony - if you could send a link or PM it me I could PM you a quote.

sent you a pm mate

dj_doubler
16-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Still looking for quotes people :0)

Kaz
16-06-2011, 09:39 PM
If you PM me what you're looking for I'll see if I can do it

Stitch Up
16-06-2011, 10:05 PM
If it's DTG we can help. PM me any artwork info.

John

dj_doubler
16-06-2011, 10:28 PM
PM sent to both of you thanks

Anthony

John G
16-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Its like "how longs a piece of string".

For someone to give you accurate quotes they need all info which would include:

Seeing the artwork
Artwork supplied or would it need to be re-drawn
Front, back or both sided print.
Colour of print (spot or full colour)
Colour, size, qty and grade of T shirt
Delivered / collected
Leadtime

With out all the info you cannot possibly get an accurate quote.

dj_doubler
16-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Its like "how longs a piece of string".

For someone to give you accurate quotes they need all info which would include:

Seeing the artwork
Artwork supplied or would it need to be re-drawn
Front, back or both sided print.
Colour of print (spot or full colour)
Colour, size, qty and grade of T shirt
Delivered / collected
Leadtime

With out all the info you cannot possibly get an accurate quote.

I know I have been short on the information, but It is all I have been given... the people who want this doing is being all cloak and dagger due to his last work being ripped off and he is still fighting that case in the courts... so getting even the artwork off him has been a struggle lol but I dont blame him...

I have provided as much info as possible hence I can only say what I have been told

Anthony

AdamB
16-06-2011, 11:21 PM
I know I have been short on the information, but It is all I have been given... the people who want this doing is being all cloak and dagger due to his last work being ripped off and he is still fighting that case in the courts... so getting even the artwork off him has been a struggle lol but I dont blame him...

I have provided as much info as possible hence I can only say what I have been told

Anthony

Anthony - without trying to be disrepectul I am confused as you actually gave me some of this information via email last night that I am sure would help other members of the forum with their quote.

I'm not going to post anything here, but as an example:

a. You confirmed the possibility of the colour of the t-shirt required (as you were looking at an image of the garment)
b. You confirmed the design required so I could see it and count the colours to see what method of printing would be best
c. You (more or less) confirmed the size of the design (from looking at the picture).

Again, I'm not trying to be rude mate - far from it and I hope you get everything sorted (from what you explained in the e-mail) but I feel that you will get more done and possibly a quote from various members if you gave more information.

If I was to ask for a quote for:

25 gildan ultra 100% cotton t-shirts (in various colours), and a design that is three colours. The design measures approx A4 in size when complete and it should be multi-layered in viny ......... I would think (hopefully) that this would be enough info to get a basic quote.

dj_doubler
16-06-2011, 11:41 PM
@Adam - No offence taken - I know where you are coming from I am trying to gather as much information together as possible as its a hard job trying to give a quote with limited information etc... I just have not been given alot to work with etc.. and with me being at work until 6am I dont have the time or anything to find out more information at the moment - I am just trying to get a rough idea... and then I can get the exact artwork in the right format sent over etc..

I am not deliberately trying to be a pain in the backside.... honest :-p

Lee
17-06-2011, 08:06 AM
To be honest, because I don't print tees (like Anthony) then this is stuff we wouldn't know to ask perhaps? Just like if a punter came in a shop and asked for tees to be made, you guys would have to ask/extract the info you needed...I would think this is the same situation isn't it? Maybe those that can/want to quote could post the entire questions that need answering ;-)

Good luck with the tees Anthony, you are getting a few orders in now!

Stitch Up
17-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Perhaps this would be a good project for someone (not me :) )

Construct a template of questions to ask so that anyone will have all the info required to produce a quote. It would help us 'oldies' and newbies alike.

Customers should also realise that if they don't provide all the info required, at best, the quote won't be accurate

John

mrs maggot
17-06-2011, 09:34 AM
i think the questions john g put go a long way to helping, although some maybe confused by "spot" colour. The easiest thing to do if you are stuck for sharing an image is to put up a similar design that already exists and say "it will be this size, and just the two colours as this image" or whatever.

with the customer having issue with people ripping off his designs - does he realise you are looking to "farm" the work out ?? is he happy having copies of his artwork sent out to several businesses and homeworkers ????

logobear
18-06-2011, 10:54 AM
This thread has received a lot of input for a job that you will not get.
There is a world of difference taking jobs you will do yourself, and acting as a middleman and passing the work on.
If your client cannot give specific questions then you cannot give specific answers.
Anyone who is involved in litigation with previous suppliers sounds like trouble; what happens if you get the job, farm it out, return the work only to find that the client isn't happy.
You are putting yourself in compromising position, this request may be an opportunity for you to expand your offering, but my exoerince is to encourage clients to cultivate relationships with actual suppliers, when I cannot do the job; I get more respect, less hassle, and jobs often get passed both ways!
IMHO