PDA

View Full Version : question with epson 1400

Subliminal Laser
18-06-2011, 01:11 AM
I had a problem with 2 colors not having nozzle check. I use the bulk system w/ artanieum ink . Sawgrass told me to replace those 2 cartridges with regular ink cart.. Those worked fine so printer is good. They say I can't just replace those 2 bulk cart. with sub.single use cartridge. They said if I replaced all with single use it is ok but you can't mix. Doesn't make sense to me because the reg ink cartridge works fine with the other sub cart. installed. Plus does anyone have experience using other ink brands. I met a co from Calif that makes bulk ink for other sublimation printers and they said it would be compatible with artanieum ink.

bms
18-06-2011, 10:10 AM
If the printer works fine with ordinary ink cartridges then it sounds like there is a problem with the cartridges in the bulk feed system on two colours. Speak to your local Sawgrass authorised dealer (or where you bought the system from originally) and ask for a replacement cartridge and tube assembly. This connects into your existing bulk feed system and should overcome the problem and is a replacement part that Sawgrass are able to supply.