PDA

View Full Version : New Boy - please be gentle

28-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi all,

my name is Lee and I'm a serving soldier, I am always looking for ways of keeping my good lady in pairs of shoes!!........I used to do number plates, but as Phoenix has rightly said, that is rapidly being squeezed out.

So my next master plan was to possibly try my hand at 'Mugs' for my soldier friends, every squadie drinks tea......it's the law!!

I have not bought any kit yet, but I am activly looking, so please bear with me if I start asking some questions that are really obvious to you lot......please bear with me,

many thanks

Lee

Paul
28-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Hallo mate! welcome on forum. I am sire you can find loads of handy info and start pressing mugs asap!

Justin
28-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Lee,

Great to have you on board!

You'll find a fair bit of info on mug printing here already but please ask away. Many of us print mugs and have been through the pain barrier.

Look forward to speaking more with you soon.

Justin :-)

JSR
28-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Welcome to the forum

So my next master plan was to possibly try my hand at 'Mugs' for my soldier friends, every squadie drinks tea......it's the law!!

I have not bought any kit yet, but I am activly looking, so please bear with me if I start asking some questions that are really obvious to you lot......please bear with me,
If you want to make mugs without the hair-pulling and spending money on kit, one option might be to work with someone who already makes mugs. They could do the mugs for you and you could put a couple of quid on each one. You make money without the heartache and without spending money upfront on kit. Once you've got the ball rolling, you could invest your earnings into kit and start making them yourself. If you don't find a big enough market, you haven't lost anything.

Just a thought.

R.Prints
28-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi lee,
Was in the forces myself upto 2007, if you need any info just get intouch.
Cheers
Ray.

28-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the welcomes,

JSR, thanks for the idea, but I get bored easy.....which is one of the reasons for doing this sort of thing, I enjoy the 'making & creating' side of stuff, I loved doing all different number plate / door designs. So I think I might just take the plunge and throw a bit of cash at it.

What are your thoughts, here is the eBay item number......320467344788

thanks again

Lee

Let me know what you think......320467344788

Someone on Ebay is doing a starter pack for £200, sounds a bit too good to be true for me. But the idea of having a very basic setup that I could upgrade in time is very tempting,

any thoughts??.....

Traynor26
28-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry for the double posts........just getting the hang of this forum...

Thanks for the welcomes,

JSR, thanks for the idea, but I get bored easy.....which is one of the reasons for doing this sort of thing, I enjoy the 'making & creating' side of stuff, I loved doing all different number plate / door designs. So I think I might just take the plunge and throw a bit of cash at it.

Someone on Ebay is doing a starter pack for £200, sounds a bit too good to be true for me. But the idea of having a very basic setup that I could upgrade in time is very tempting,

What are your thoughts, here is the eBay item number......320467344788

Justin
28-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Never used that particular printer for sublimation, anyone else?

I would question what ink is in the cartidges and bear in mind that this won't last very long at all.

The mug press is a pretty basic one. Prob. be fine though.

Worth checking out a few of the suppliers in our Sticky section. BMS for example do a couple of very good cheap presses.

You get what you pay for with sublimation, press, ink etc. Spend wisely once to avoid spending annoyingly twice! or something like that anyway!

Justin :-)

Paul
28-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I would stay a way of it mate! Very good mug press as a starter but you can get it for about £100. get you self epson D120. it will cost about £55. then all u need is refillable carts and ink :)

you ready to print :)

I know there is ink already in this package but you dont know what ink this is and there is no ICC profile with it. You dont want to get blue color as a grey etc...???

as JNMann said. it will not last long any way....

Traynor26
28-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Spot on, thanks lads, that's just the info I was after.

Have been looking at the D120, just ploughing my way through the forum now at the ink suppliers.

Thanks again

Flash
28-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Welcome Lee,
Here is your welcome gift:Cheap Mug Press (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Sublimation-Printing-Mug-Press_W0QQitemZ220532274756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C amerasPhoto_Printing_PrinterInkCatridges_JN?hash=i tem3358bf7644)
I put in an offer for £70.00 and it was accepted http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_cheers.png FILL YOUR BOOTS!

Phil

Paul
28-12-2009, 07:06 PM
go for it mate! mug press under £100 is a bargain! after that all you need is printer, paper and some good inks ;)

Traynor26
28-12-2009, 07:48 PM
How spooky, I have been watching the same press on eBay, I have just seen the starter kit by LoveCut for £260, comes without ink but I think this might be the one for me,

Flash, many thanks, will keep this one in mind.

Flash
28-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks like this guy could be doing a little trade soon ;)
I've ordered one so lets hope they are good or i'm going to look like a right http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_jokercolor.png
Here's hoping!

Phil

Robert
29-12-2009, 03:18 PM
The link you sent I actually purchased (before even finding this forum) - but the seller has listed another one, - don't forget not to make an offer of more than £70 though :)

Paul
29-12-2009, 03:57 PM
waht if that guy read those post?? ;) I would be cerful and delete that :) as it may be end of bargains :)

Flash
29-12-2009, 03:59 PM
waht if that guy read those post?? ;) I would be cerful and delete that :) as it may be end of bargains :)
He doesn't have to accept the offers! As I said, get in quick! 8)

Phil

Paul
29-12-2009, 04:08 PM
tru... :P