PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh GXE3300N Waste Ink Collector

danzab
18-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Hello, not been on for a while.

Can anybody recommend somewhere to purchase a waste collector unit for a ricoh gxe3300n please. Had an order to do and sods law it came up with the message it was full. Had a warning saying prepare a new one for a while but just ignored it!!!

Luckily I found a video showing a trick how to reset the counter incase of ermergenices and it worked. I ordered a unit through amazon but it was for the gx7000, keep googling but when the pages open up, they dont say which model ricoh its for!!

Has anybody else had to buy one yet?

Thanks

Dan

dj_doubler
18-06-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.inception-store.co.uk/acatalog/Ricoh_GX_e3300n_Waste_Ink_Collection_Unit_colour_p rinter.html

Found this on google?

bms
18-06-2011, 06:47 PM
If needed, we could get these at £36 +vat

danzab
21-06-2011, 10:12 PM
If needed, we could get these at £36 +vat

Please can you get one, Im going to make an order tonight, would it be possible to add the extra on please

Thanks

Dan

John G
22-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Bloody hell - how much printing are you doing!

danzab
22-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Bloody hell - how much printing are you doing!

Not that much to be honest, no where near the 27000 page yield it claims to have, not even done a 500 sheets!

John G
22-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Something wrong there then - had my Ricoh 5050n well over a year and forgot it even had a waste ink collector.

Traynor26
30-12-2011, 11:20 AM
This has just come up on mine!!

Just checked my page count and i have only done 1131............it is the only thing that has EVER happened to my Ricoh, so i suppose i can forgive it :-)

Martin, are you still able to get these?

Many thanks

Lee

bms
30-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes they are on our website. Just search "gxe3300"

OVM
23-10-2013, 11:38 AM
... On third set of cartridges, reckon I have only printed 250-300 mugs, EVER !
How do I check my page count????
Something is wrong ink consumption-wise ! What can I do? Was told when I bought this machine to leave it switched on but that isn't possible where it is. Is this causing the poor consumption when I turn it on? - only used for an hour every 2 or 3 months !

HELP !

This has just come up on mine!!

Just checked my page count and i have only done 1131............it is the only thing that has EVER happened to my Ricoh, so i suppose i can forgive it :-)

Martin, are you still able to get these?

Many thanks

Lee

Justin
23-10-2013, 05:07 PM
have you spoken to your supplier/Sawgrass? That's a heck of a lot of ink going somewhere!

Have you also checked the firmware version and if a later version is available?

NikGrey
25-10-2013, 08:27 PM
A few years ago I bought a job lot of Customer returns Epson printers (I realise we are talking about Ricoh here) - I repaired them and sold them on.

So, I got to know Epson.

The error I kept being asked about was the Waste Sponge was full 'Error' - as you know the machine just counts time and comes up with this error, When this happened to my machine I would just take the machine apart, wash the sponge and put it back together and reset the ink counter on the machine.

I am looking at a SG3110DN at the moment for my sublimation as had enough of fixing the epson every day (A bit like working with Windoze) and notice the waste tray is removable, surely this can simply be taken apart and cleaned ? after all, somebody had to put it together at some point so it will come apart again !

I don't want to upset any suppliers here, just an observation and wondering if there was anything stopping anyone from doing it.

socialgiraffe
25-10-2013, 10:06 PM
notice the waste tray is removable, surely this can simply be taken apart and cleaned

Yes it can (well certainly on the older models as I have done this a few times on my GX7000. Even Condé who are a recognised reseller show you how to do it in one of their you tube video's

(A bit like working with Windoze)

You keep slating Windows yet I struggle with that as I am (and have) operated on both platforms and my preferred platform is Windows. My current machine is running Windows 7 ultimate and have never had any problems with any of the software or hardware I am running. Now that I have said that it is all probably going to go wrong though :-)

NikGrey
26-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Yes, found the video Ear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHf6gWDCOXE).

And here is how to reset the 3110: Ear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHf6gWDCOXE).

So glad its as simple as that, would be a shame to keep throwing the tanks away.

I started with Windows 3.1 as you most of us probably did so have a lot to thank it for as a whole but it does have a tendency to hang at a crucial moment - it might not happen so often these days but it is still a concern. I suppose I just dont trust it. I do run Windows on my Mac as you probably know and it is still not as stable as OSX. Maybe I have just been unlucky.

Renniwano
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I know this is an older thread.. but just had the dreaded replace waste unit come up.. and low and behold it's the only one without a screw on top so looking like a new one lol.. *emergency reset done for now*

Krazeegirl
29-03-2014, 10:44 AM
I've also just had this error, did the 'emergency reset' becuause typically it's friday night/saturday morning and so I cant get a new one but I'm desperate to finish a job. However, printer says 'ready' but when I try to print I get the message 'printer is in error state' (on PC.
can anyone help?