PDA

View Full Version : positive film for ink jet

Paul
28-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi! any one know what's the best and chepest way to use as positive film for screen printing?
I used normal ink jet paper and it was fine but I want to do more details so I need something more transparent.

thanks for any advice.

Paul

John G
28-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I use transparencies through a laser printer. Tried other ways but this way was the best for me regarding quality.

Cheers John
BTW - how did you use paper as a positive for a stencil ?

Paul
28-12-2009, 04:09 PM
printed mirrored artwork. placed on screen and exposed... but paper was only about 80gms. works fine as light going throught the white paper quite easy so is ok for less detail arts. any way. do you have to print more then one transparency? or one is enough?

John G
28-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi Paul,
I have a minolta laser 2300DL and print onto conquerer transparancies, other transparancies work too. There is a setting on my printer for transparancies and aslong as you set it to this they come out very black. Jet black like a photo positive from the good old days of dark rooms. :lol:

Cheers John

Flash
28-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I've tried two types both have worked. I've printed with both Inkjet & Laser printers but be aware to buy the correct type for the way you intend to print them :!:
There are opaque and clear varieties, you are right that the clear will give you a better exposure on more detailed designs.
In the past, if the print on the transparency is not 'dark' enough I have printed off two copies and doubled them up, with success!
Exposure time is trial & error depending on your Exposing set-up I made up a simple 'step test' to get my exposure time correct.

Phil

Paul
28-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Paul,
I have a minolta laser 2300DL and print onto conquerer transparancies, other transparancies work too. There is a setting on my printer for transparancies and aslong as you set it to this they come out very black. Jet black like a photo positive from the good old days of dark rooms. :lol:

Cheers John

thanx guys!

John can you tell me if there is any "magic driver" for printers? as my A3+ epson has only epson media to chose from :( how can I get transpareny option in my printer settings?

thanx

Paul

John G
28-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Not quite sure - the minolta printer came as standard with the drivers
Cheers John