PDA

View Full Version : Ok, brace yourselves, I've started.....

fridayschild
25-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I've done the 'introduction' post and now I'm ready to ask the questions, be afraid, be very afraid..............:wink:

Seriously, the first question I have is about combo presses - no don't turn your nose up, we've all got to start somewhere - I have seen this one online and wondered what people thought, please.

http://www.sublimagic.co.uk/epages/es120902.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es120902_shop/Products/smallcombomagic

Is there a reason why it is about half the price of, whispers, the BMS one? Shh. (Sorry Martin, no offence).

Is it even sublimation? I know, I know, I'm being very dense here but the company is called Sublimagic and I'm a bit confused as to the price differences out there. (A bit she says! lol)

Thanks for your time, I'll try not to be too much of a nuisance.

bms
25-06-2011, 11:10 PM
No offence taken :). Ours has the two latte mug attachments as well, uses closer to 1400 watts for the flat bed press and isn't held together with magnets!

theemmanewman
25-06-2011, 11:12 PM
No offence taken :). Ours has the two latte mug attachments as well, uses closer to 1400 watts for the flat bed press and isn't held together with magnets!

and you can probably spell "versatile" correctly too!

JSR
26-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Seriously, the first question I have is about combo presses - no don't turn your nose up, we've all got to start somewhere - I have seen this one online and wondered what people thought, please.

http://www.sublimagic.co.uk/epages/es120902.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es120902_shop/Products/smallcombomagic
I don't know if this will affect your decision making but, when I first ran across the sublimagic website, I emailed them to ask if I could expect better quality from their presses than some of the questionable ones I'd seen on ebay.

No one replied.

Read into that what you will. Needless to say that I've never bought anything from them.

Ian M
26-06-2011, 03:11 AM
I bought a mug press off Sublimagic a long time ago now & I have to say it is a very well built machine. Although saying that it doesn't mean I can vouch for the other machines he has on offer.

In fact Sublimagic is only a few miles from where I live & I went to go pick the machine up myself. Jonathan who owns Sublimagic does work from home like so many of us do these days. Now if he had anything to hide he wouldn't let anyone near his home & I found him to be very friendly & he does know his stuff regarding the machines. The machines are made in China I believe but the ones he showed me all looked to be good quality & he said he only wants to sell quality machines at a keen price. However I did tell him if I had a problem with the mug press & he didn't want to I now knew where he lived & I would brick his windows. I always try to be very diplomatic, luckily he did see the funny side to what I had said.

If i were you I'd try to phone him & have a chat with him first.

boristrump
26-06-2011, 11:06 AM
webpage states japanese built! more china build like as if japan would build cheap lol

fridayschild
26-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I bought a mug press off Sublimagic a long time ago now & I have to say it is a very well built machine. Although saying that it doesn't mean I can vouch for the other machines he has on offer.

In fact Sublimagic is only a few miles from where I live & I went to go pick the machine up myself. Jonathan who owns Sublimagic does work from home like so many of us do these days. Now if he had anything to hide he wouldn't let anyone near his home & I found him to be very friendly & he does know his stuff regarding the machines. The machines are made in China I believe but the ones he showed me all looked to be good quality & he said he only wants to sell quality machines at a keen price. However I did tell him if I had a problem with the mug press & he didn't want to I now knew where he lived & I would brick his windows. I always try to be very diplomatic, luckily he did see the funny side to what I had said.

If i were you I'd try to phone him & have a chat with him first.

Thanks Ian, (and everyone else who took the time to reply) I probably would have said something similar to your window comment :smile:

So, to be 100% certain, and I'm sorry again if I'm being dense here, but it IS a sublimation press, isn't it?

Justin
26-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Sublimation is the actual printing process, the heat press is used to apply the printed transfer to the clothing/mouse mat/coaster etc.

Paul
26-06-2011, 05:20 PM
beaware that picture of this press show press in A4 size so it may be a bit to small for you.
If I would be you I would give this guy (http://www.coralgraph.com/heat-press/heat-transfer-press-combo-mug-t-shirt-plates-cap-8-in-1) shout. I use them all the time. just ordered press from them. next day free delivery and contact with him is great. Dont worry there is two attachmet less ;) cap attachment is crap so you wont use it to much. moe important is mugs. you got all attachments you need and this press is great ;) also flat bed is larger ;)

all the best.

PAul

ps. I forgot to say I own one like this so i know what i am talking about. ;)

fridayschild
26-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks Justin, I think I (kind of) got that about the printing, I just thought that it might require a certain type of press. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it....thanks for helping me understand a bit better. Is there anywhere I can get basic information? Well, obviously, I know there's you lot but I don't want to keep pestering every five minutes.

Thanks also to Paul, I hadn't noticed that the press was only A4, certainly something to think about! I will have a look at the link you sent me.

I do feel guilty though, normally when I am on a forum I usually know something about the subject and am able to help at least someone else with a different problem but I am completely out of my depth here so I am doubly greatful for all and any help I receive.

Justin, you mention a donation, I haven't found that bit yet, where is it, please?

Paul
26-06-2011, 06:05 PM
donation buttom here :) (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/misc.php?do=donate)
basic information you can find on youtube. Here or suppliers web sites ;) there is quite few on the list sticked here! (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?104-UK-Suppliers) ;)

purpledragon
26-06-2011, 09:33 PM
its all a lottery there are so many posts where combos have had problems the one i originally bought was bloody awful i ended up buying seperates saying that some have similar problems with seperates . Then again theres as many posts saying how good there combos are it really is hit and miss in that respect . The key is who you buy the press off after sales service is almost as important as the equipment, ive never dealt with subli majic so i cant comment on them but what you really need to know is when you're in the middle of a large urgent order and your press throws a wobbly is the supplier there to offer help and advise. I wont mention who i use as they still havnt sent me the tenner for bigging them up before (coughbmscough) but seriously take the time to read through posts on the forum you will soon see who you should avoid and who knows the value of a happy customer.
Oh yeah i nearly forgot my battle cry .....Buy cheap But twice !

Paul
26-06-2011, 09:46 PM
regards to combos they all this same and asembly in this same place :) As you said. after sale is very important. Lets be honest. press for £600 and exactly this same press for £500 dont mean one for £600 will last longer ;)
is only as purpledragon said: "after sale" matter as you may need help one day :)

I own one of the combos and it is fantastic piece but... ....but only as a hobby! if you planing to run your press for 5h a day o longer forget about cobo! get heavy duty one and it will pay off ;)

and regards to quote "Buy cheap But twice !" not always is right :D I would say buy stupid, by twice. so smart shopping is essential.

Draner
28-06-2011, 01:00 AM
I understand that everyone has to start somewhere but photos taken on the living room table would raise a few concerns for me.

fridayschild
28-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time and effort to reply, it is greatly appreciated :smile:

You have certainly opened my eyes to a few things - especially the size of the plates which I hadn't even noticed :redface: - so I'm going to try and curb my natural instincts to rush in and spend a bit more time reading a lot of the posts on here.

I'm sure there will be more questions when I've got more of an idea of things but thanks again for now!