PDA

View Full Version : Bought a rival

Mattie
28-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi

For the last few years i've noticed a rival company near us trying to compete with us in the dye sub industry, About 3 month ago the owner contacted me asking if i would like to buy the business as he wants to move in to another market (signs) as we know longer do signs i thought it might be good idea to buy them then it wipes out competition.

I put a offer in and he rejected it but to my surprise last week i got an email from his solictor saying he will accept my offer, so i agreed and i've just getting all paperwork through today and domain names etc now point to my site Alligiftor.co.uk

Anyway i have decided to move all my stuff over to new company and fase out Alligiftor.

mrs maggot
28-06-2011, 05:28 PM
well that will save you the money on having that van printed & wrapped lol - well done mate, why that way round ?? has the other company been around for longer ?? before phasing out alligiftor ???

Mattie
28-06-2011, 05:33 PM
well that will save you the money on having that van printed & wrapped lol - well done mate, why that way round ?? has the other company been around for longer ?? before phasing out alligiftor ???

Yeah van was put on hold last week due to design and the most annoying designer lol (scrapped it for now). The company have been going for about 1 year more than me and thought i might swap as the name is better and easy to swap my customers over (surveyed them and most were happy to swap)

David B
28-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi Matthew
Saw a van last week comming off the M1 at junction 41 which read Aligater signs. thought it might be you but was driving at the time so not sure.
Regards David

Mattie
28-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Matthew
Saw a van last week comming off the M1 at junction 41 which read Aligater signs. thought it might be you but was driving at the time so not sure.
Regards David

Hi
Not me, my company was called Sign Kick

David B
28-06-2011, 09:24 PM
it was the large alligator logo on the side that caught my attention very similar to yours. If you want to expand into Yorkshire LOL we can always talk.

Lee
28-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Well done Matthew - great news! Gives us all hope :-) I think Alligiftor is a great name/brand, so I guess the other one must be really special! Exciting times!

John G
29-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Wow - your expanding really quick, ooh er! :wink:

Did any machinery come with the sale or was it just for the domain name? Website looks sorted already - good luck with this venture, hope it brings you in some extra work.

Cheers John

mrs maggot
29-06-2011, 08:32 AM
tis a shame to loose the name and the logo, i would personally keep ali for a while longer on the webpage anyway perhaps put a t shirt on him with "i want it personalised" on it - think of all the local coverage you have had recently with store opening etc, customers will be looking for him and the green when they click

Mattie
29-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Wow - your expanding really quick, ooh er! :wink:

Did any machinery come with the sale or was it just for the domain name? Website looks sorted already - good luck with this venture, hope it brings you in some extra work.

Cheers John

Yeah i got 3 heat presses, 48" printer/cutter, 36" printer, 2 craft robo's, 5in1 mug press & 2 single mug presses, 2 plate presses, a mountain of garment and sign vinyl, huge mountain of stock and a 2010 ford focus car with graphics already on, plus took over lease on their workshop/industrail unit that's just to name a few things.

At least it's one competitor out the window lol

Mattie
29-06-2011, 08:59 AM
tis a shame to loose the name and the logo, i would personally keep ali for a while longer on the webpage anyway perhaps put a t shirt on him with "i want it personalised" on it - think of all the local coverage you have had recently with store opening etc, customers will be looking for him and the green when they click

I thought about keeping it but after few problems with name and i surveyed my customers and some public and quite alot said they liked new name more as it is very easy to remember. I'm going to have a sign with new logo on and underneath i'll put formerly Alligiftor.co.uk like i've done on website