PDA

View Full Version : Sunfly Mug Press

socialgiraffe
28-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi there

Anyone on here use one of the Sunfly 5 at a time mug press? I purchased one to give it a test and see what it was like. Initial reaction is that it's pretty good for the money and is a perfect back up. One annoying thing is that there is no temperature guage/switch. So am wondering if anyone else here is using one and if so do they know what temperature they operate at?

Stitch Up
28-06-2011, 07:24 PM
What was the total cost? How many mugs have you printed with it? Can you start to print mugs independently or is it 5 at a time?

socialgiraffe
29-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Stitch Up

Cost including shipping was about £337.00 plus £49.00 to UPS once they delivered it. You can get it cheaper if you wait for it to be sent via sea freight but I am really impatient!!!. You can print 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 at a time, although I note that head 1 has to be running meaning that particular heat pad is going to wear down pretty quickly. First impression is that its a very good machine for the money although I will point out that purchasing from China means you get no back up at all, unlike dealing with BMS and the likes, but if you know your sublimation then as I say, a great back up machine.

Stitch Up
29-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the info, great stuff. If you're able to post a picture or a link to the press, that would be great.

Just 2 questions.

1. If you've started to press a mug in No.1 and lets say 30secs in you want to start pressing a mug in No.2, can you do this? Does each position have a seperate timer or, do you have to wait until the mug in No.1 is finished before you can start another?

2. Did I read that the teperature is pre-set so you can't change it?

Cheers

John

PS, I'm the same, if I order and pay for something, I want it yesterday :smile:

socialgiraffe
29-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi there

Answer to number 1 is no, they all have to start at the same time. We print around 10k mugs a month and a five press system normally works out that once person is kept relatively busy operating two of these presses and can produce about 80 plus an hour.

Answer to number two is what I am searching for. I haven't contacted Sunfly yet to be fair and they are always really good at getting back to you. It does say that you can adjust the temperature, the problem is the manual is written in chinenglish so I am not sure how to do it!!!!

Image below.... I hope :smile:

socialgiraffe
29-06-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.sun-fly-sublimation.com/sublimation-five-in-one-mug-press_p191.html

Stitch Up
29-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks very much for the info.