PDA

View Full Version : Printing on handle and inner rim??

Robert
30-12-2009, 03:10 AM
I'm wanting to be able to print on the inner rim/ lip of mugs as well as the handle. What kit do I need and how much should I expect to pay? Where can I get this kit?
Thanks in advance

Justin
30-12-2009, 06:55 PM
The only machine I've seen that claims to be able to print onto bases and handles is one of the multi mug presses, it could have been the Dom Global press, very expensive.

I'm not sure all mugs are coated on the inside but I may be wrong. You'll certainly not be able to print inside the mug anyway with any standard heat press, that would take something pretty special.

Justin

Robert
30-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the reply justin - here's a link to someone who offers it.
http://www.design2express.co.uk/mugs_printing.php

John G
30-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Have you noticed the minimum qty's - not suitable for one offs and I think you'd have to invest a lot more on machinery to be able to print inside and handles.

Cheers John

Justin
30-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I do know a company that may be able to ffer it and they guarantee to beat any price, not sure on quantities but I'm waiting to hear back from them on a possible order myself.

Robert
30-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I'd really like to be able to print myself. Does anyone know what equipment it is? Is it a transfer?? I've seen the multimug presses with the base attachement, but never handle or rim.

Justin
30-12-2009, 10:56 PM
On one of the videos they show it printing the handle but I can imagine this would be very tricky and also time consuming. 3 mins for the mug, 3 mins for the base, 3 mins for the handle!

There are alternatives, decals etc. but not as effective I guess.

Robert
30-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Yes, it would take a while, but a great upsell -if you charged an extra £1.50 for handle or rim on a big run, then it's an extra £20-30 per hour - very little consumable

accdave
30-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Am I being stupid or is the Standard Mug Printing a bit misleading ? It says 10oz white mug, yet the picture shows various colour mugs. Thats a hell of of a print if they can manage to print a white mug top to toe, outside and inside with a colour :D

Robert
30-12-2009, 11:22 PM
No, not being stupid. One of them even appears to be glass or plastic (the red one). It is just a stock photo or stolen from another site I guess.

Andrew
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I believe the exmaple link is screen printed. I have a press that can do the handles but never bothered doing it yet. It is basically a cap press attachment that curves around the handle. You need decent mugs for this with a fairly flat surface and also coated well. I also have a pad printer that can do the bases but again not something I have taken any further yet.