PDA

View Full Version : r we missing something?

Paul
30-12-2009, 09:51 PM
hi all!
I was just thinking about r new members :)
there is a few new members who never done sublimation and want to to start this very enjoyable hobby/business from printing mugs.
there is lot of information in "what printer" subjects and and "what inks". but r we not missing something? affcors there was lot about ICC profiles, what software to use, best paper etc etc... but...
when I first started I purchased all machines, inks, mugs for tests etc... but forgot about one VERY IMOPRTANT THING!

HEAT TAPE!
I can't belive no one ask about it yet. I dont know. it's maybe me only. but I know from my experience there is always something we will forget :)
In my case it was heat tape. So Dear Friends who just started with subli hobby... dont forget to buy good heat tape coz you will end up with all gear ready to print but with nothing to hold your transfers!

sorry about so long topic but it was just my little tought I decided to share with you ;)

thanks guys

Paul

Justin
30-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I use Xpres tape, very expensive but lasts forever (well almost)

mrs maggot
30-12-2009, 10:37 PM
yes, i think that would be a good idea, a shopping list,

John G
30-12-2009, 11:01 PM
5 rolls for just over £10 - ebay. Perfect so far, doesn't leave any marks, doesn't burn - what more could you want. :D

Cheers John

JSR
30-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I use the brown tape from Revolution Transfers. I've tried others - the green tape, the blue tape, and the white tape, but none have been as good. They either leave nasty brown marks, or they're just too sticky and leave a mess behind that needs cleaning up.

Every time I try someone else's, I always end up returning to Revolution. I don't buy much else from them nowadays unfortunately, but I'll always be back for my tape (even if it is a bit expensive).

chongsta
01-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Paul.

I must congratulate you on such an epic posting, it's driven with passion and endeavour that we...will never forget HEAT TAPE

Yup, kudos bro ;)

Happy new year all :)
D.

Justin
01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Anyone succesfully working with temporary spray adhesive instead of tape?

Paul
01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I use the brown tape from Revolution Transfers. I've tried others - the green tape, the blue tape, and the white tape, but none have been as good. They either leave nasty brown marks, or they're just too sticky and leave a mess behind that needs cleaning up.

Every time I try someone else's, I always end up returning to Revolution. I don't buy much else from them nowadays unfortunately, but I'll always be back for my tape (even if it is a bit expensive).
same here! brown tape is best. recomended to every one who did not made any chose yet ;)

Karen.
03-01-2010, 01:36 PM
If anyone wants a roll of heat tape I have just found one here.
Free to whoever PMs me with their address first. I would imagine it came from BMS originally.