PDA

View Full Version : Getting Crisp Images Of Text On Mugs

whitesquizzel
18-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi All I have recently started printing some mugs with text on but the text seems to be coming out less than crisp does anyone have any tips as to how to get a sharp image?

My set up is an Epson 1400 with Trupix Papers & Sawgrass ink with mugs from BMS - pressing etc seems fine with photos and the like and works ok with text its just not as sharp as I would like it - particualry for black text.
I usually dip the mugs in tepid water after pressing to stop additional gassing of the inks etc.
Software I use for rendering the images is Adobe Elements.

Any guidance greatly appreciated thanks!

Justin
18-07-2011, 02:35 AM
What press are you using, time & temp? Which mugs, 10oz European?

bms
18-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Would be helpful to see a picture of a problem printed mug. Can you put one up here?

Lee
18-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I found the style of font made a big difference, so I am just careful what font I use now...just because it looked clear on my screen didnt mean it looked as good on the mug....If I see a font, I play around with the size and spacing of it etc, or I try to find a crisper version on the net...

John G
18-07-2011, 02:02 PM
All fonts are crisp - never had a blurry one unless it was supposed to be like that (like papyrus for example)

whitesquizzel
23-07-2011, 04:35 PM
What press are you using, time & temp? Which mugs, 10oz European?

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay. Am using a Tigger mug press for 180 seconds - seems to press photos etc OK and it does press the text ok its not fading its just not as crisp as I would like. Using 10oz Euro mugs

whitesquizzel
23-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Will do when I have the next one thanks