PDA

View Full Version : Polyester Clothing - Where do you buy yours?

Stitch Up
13-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi guys

Where do you purchase your poly clothing for DyeSunning? What sort of price do you pay?

John

Justin
13-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I pretty much stopped printing the tee's a while back as I don't like the feel of them and got fed up seeing the press marks around the image, that said the printed images were always very impressive.

I used Xpres but found them very thick. Also tried Starworld which were cheaper and they were ok (I do like there normal cotton tees, great value)
Inherited a stock of NovaChrome sourced shirts when I joined my last company, the tees were ok, polos were horrible though.

Justin http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_jokercolor.png

Stitch Up
13-10-2009, 05:44 PM
I used to hate the 'feel' too BUT, things have changed! The latest round of transfer papers are brilliant by comparison. The only down side is the requirement for polyester!

I also used to hate the SQUARE pictures slapped in the centre of the chest, use the borders available in photoshop to create some interesting effects.

You can get rid of the square press marks if you steam press the shirt. We use a Propress steamer for that.

AJLA
14-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I now only use the vapor garments as they IMHO they knock spots off the usual sublimation tees although they are still not a nice as a cotton. If I buy subli polos (admittedly I don't do a lot of these) I buy from Xpres. Recently due to stock levels I had to go elswhere and bought some Starworld polos. NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!

They lokked like they had been used as dusters, which of course will be down to the warehouse or company they came from, but they are actually blue like they have been washed with yer underpants! Now if I had a white cotton tee that colour or indeed anything i'd be chucking it in the bin!

And I had to go and charge for that which I was actually embarrassed to do.

castlegategiftcreations
14-10-2009, 11:33 PM
we buy from xpres and our customers love the feel of them. don't really like doing polo shirts but some bowling clubs do come in and ask for them.

Cotton t -shirts - we get these from loads of places (even matalan and primark if need be). A lot of our customers come in and ask for transfers or vinyl lettering and they supply their own which mainly come from the above mentioned shops.

We've never had any complaints.

I find that the square press marks and the slight discolouration from the heat press dissapear when the t shirts cool down but I do tell my customers that if they wash them and the press marks and discolouration are still there then they can take the t shirt back to me - quite a lot of them have come back but not with the t shirts - they want to order more!!!!