PDA

View Full Version : 11oz Sublimation mugs

ALAN G
31-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Hello folks,

Has anyone used the mugs from Coralgraph and how did you get on with them. Last 2 boxes I got from BMS had quite a lot of wastage due to flaws (bubbles/pinpricks / rough bases) so I'm looking around to see if there are any good alternatives.

Thanks in advance
Alan

Paul
31-07-2011, 09:48 PM
I am using Coralgraph mugs all the time. and find them exelent for the price. I never checked them in dishwasher but I dont need dishwasher proof ones any way :)

great mugs for the money and shipping is usualy in price :)

i got one printed in this post (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?2341-dsf-mug-for-everyone)

mrs maggot
01-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Have you mentioned to BMS the problems that you have had with their mugs ?

i have to say i have found the mugs from BMS to be very good indeed - you did not order their 2nds when they had them did you ?? they were quite a bit cheaper than their 1st grade ones mind you i had some of them as well, and have found them to be better quality than some others firsts lol.

John G
01-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Always had the euro mugs and also had the B grade ones - no problems on both. Could it be a problem with just the 11oz mugs.

Lee
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
The last mugs I had from BMS seemed to taper off quite a lot a the bottom say 2/3mm - they also seemed to be slightly thinner than the first mugs I had too..I adjusted my sizing slightly and they are printing okay now with a slight white edge at the bottom - which I now actually prefer!

ALAN G
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Laura - The first 2 boxes I ordered were B grades so i expected some to be flawed but the next 2 boxes weren't classed as B grade and they were about £7 a box more expensive so i did expect better quality, but to be honest the the more expensive boxes were exactly the same boxes as the " B grades" and I never noticed any difference in quality, in fact the 2nd lot had more wastage.

ALAN G
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
TPM -
I know what you mean about the tapering , can be a nuisance when printing a full mug as it fades badly where there hasn't been pressure from the press/

ALAN G
01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Paul -That's good to know, have gotten in touch with BMS about the flawed ones so we'll see how it goes.

Andrew
01-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't think there is a perfect mug on the market and all have their little issues. It's a case of learning to work with certain versions as some might have more of a taper at the base, others that don't have more ceramic at the base etc. Most mugs also have the odd one with the coating or surface having an iregularity. What's acceptable to some might not be to others so there will be different opinions on the same mug quite often occuring.

I currently use 3 different suppliers and all have their issues but the final outcome on a printed mug is always good but some versions do take more work than others.

Ian M
01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I bought some mugs off Coralgraph late last year & when they arrived one box had been opened & 4 mugs were missing & had another 4 with damage to them. To be fair it seemed that the courier was to blame but still rather annoying on a first order.

Paul
01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
i never had any broken mug at the delivery. nevr from coralgraph and never from BMS. never of ebay :) i must be the lucky one... mind that... prapobly next load will be all smashed up :)

ALAN G
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Ah yes sod's law!
:frown:

PJames
27-10-2011, 07:39 AM
I've used BMS mugs for over 4 years, dont waste your time with 11oz mugs, go straight for the EUROPEAN 10oz. Dishwasher PROOF, may be slightly more expensive, but in the long run you will save money with no wastage.

I would honestly say out of every 1000 mugs I order, maybe 2 or 3 are no good.

Paul
27-10-2011, 09:14 AM
11oz are dishwasher proof too.

Justin
27-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Email Coralgraph and they will send a sample mug for you to test FOC, can't say fairer than that! They've changed their mug supplier and the new mugs are excellent, certainly worth a free sample :-)

Paul
27-10-2011, 10:20 PM
how long your sample is in your dishwasher buddy???

Justin
27-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Approx 3 months now....the missus is fed up of me taking spaces up!

Paul
27-10-2011, 10:23 PM
3 moths???? :eek: is there any picture left on this mug lol

Justin
27-10-2011, 10:25 PM
As clear as the day it was printed. I have a test sample that was printed at the same time and there's no difference. That's 3 months being left in, washed every day.

Andrew
28-10-2011, 09:58 AM
As clear as the day it was printed. I have a test sample that was printed at the same time and there's no difference. That's 3 months being left in, washed every day.

Is that testing on the old mug and not the new mug though?

Pricing always seems haphazard on their site with things being quite a bit cheaper for 36 mugs rather than 72. A bit to hit and miss for me with their set-up.

Justin
28-10-2011, 02:12 PM
That's testing their new mug. I agree, the website needs some work.