PDA

View Full Version : Just trying out my new setup

harlequeen
01-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I was going to try my new setup today, but ran into a couple of issues I don't know the answer to. Perhaps some of you more knowlegeable folk could help.

I have bought the Ricoh GXE3300 but don't really know whether I need to use the Sawgrass drivers or the ICC software. I'm using photoshop CS2, but am a bit of a novice there also.

The other thing that stumpled me initially was should I print on the white or 'cream' side of the paper. I found out it should be white (truepix) and when I did the first print it looked like I had printed on the 'cream' side, so I turned the paper over in the printer, but the next sheet came out the same. So I turned it again, and still the unprinted side was whiter than the printed side!!!

Anyway, I did do a mug, but the colours look washed out, so I need a bit of practice, and some advice about the drivers please.

I was quite excited when the mug was cooked, even though it wasn't marvellous.

Lee
01-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Harlequeen :smile:

I have the exact same set-up including using PS2 also! I also printed on the wrong side of the paper, and it also looked faded until I sorted it out - put the paper in white(r) side down, you can really see the difference when you print on the right side...!

Regarding PS2, I'm a novice also, but theres some really great advice on here plus there's some great tutorials on YouTube - good luck with your venture!

Justin
01-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I believe the Ricohs use the Powerdriver which means you don't have to install icc profiles. White side face down in the printer I believe.

purpledragon
02-08-2011, 12:56 AM
also remember the print will lok washed out n the paper this is normal its how it looks on the finished product. as a rule its the whiter side you print on
brett

SciArtImages
03-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Hi, I got the Ricoh a few weeks ago, not the most intuitive installation. White side of the paper down in the tray, install the Powerdriver software and print through that (it will appear as a 'printer'). One thing to look at is the actual settings - there are settings for paper type (Trupix in my case), substrate (ceramic) and print intensity (I think that's what it is, it gives you realistic, intense etc).
Hope this helps,
Neil.

harlequeen
03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks for all your comments, I will try again following your suggestions. Will let you know how it goes.
Paula