PDA

View Full Version : What laser printer for colour transfer

Paul
02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi Guys and gals! I was thinking about doing some transfers for some time now and I think I will gove it a go. but i have few qustions that you will be able to answerfor me I hope :cool:

1st. Can I use ANY Laser printer for transfer or is it need to be some specific brand and model. I was thinking to get some cheap color laser for printing labels etc and some ocasional transfer for some gig or night out with lads.

2nd. can I cut transfers on my cutter and if so do I need carrier sheet for doing this?

3rd. have you got any pictures of your previous jobs that I can have a look and see how good it looks? :)

thanks in advance

Paul

Paul
03-08-2011, 08:46 AM
No one know what printer to use? Or i upset everyone? ;)

John G
03-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi Paul,
The only ones that seem to be backed by support are the OKi range offered by Magic Touch. I did do some magic touch TTC 3.1 with my minolta laser 2300 and had issues. Got there in the end but had a lot of wasted transfer papers and hair pulled out!:confused:

Paul
03-08-2011, 11:47 AM
so do I need to use MT papers only? are they any othe companys thst got descent transfer paper that will work with other printers then oki?
also is that any oki or only specific models are suported.
I wish to purchuase small A4 laser printer.

draig
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I use my old and trusted Minolta/QMS Desk Laser 2200 (silicone oil based) with Forever 5* Transfer Paper, runs through the machine well. Not tried the MT Papers but they say they should go through OK.

John G
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Don't know Paul, maybe give TMT a buzz

kevin.m.
03-08-2011, 12:18 PM
hi we tried the magic touch laser transfer paper a couple of years ago and had loads of problems with it, it seems ok when they demonstrate it but you will notice that most of their samples have lots of white on them and when you try it for yourself with an image where there is not a lot of white you will see the white mask and it looks as though you have cut your design out by hand and just pressed it on, and you have bits of white around the edges,personally we wouldn't use it again,we did have a word with their technical support but we e told we would have to buy there printer and press if we wanted better images. but we tried using their kit at a local open day at our suppliers and they wouldn't use our image to show it working apparently no one had a memory stick and they wouldn't use ours for fear of viruses on their system. probably the stuff has moved on a bit but after paying £60 for a sample pack we won't risk it again

Paul
03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
i think here is some confusion :) I am not that keen about TMT paper as its very pricey and load of fidle with it is involved. I wish to do normal like inkjet papers but for laser printer. I wish to countour cut them and then press on the garment.

kevin.m.
04-08-2011, 08:59 AM
hi we were at the printwear and promo show last year and watched a demo by xpres, we picked up a small shirt with a design on it and we washed it about 6 to 7 times and the transfer lasted without fading or signs of peeling, it lay around the workshop for months before we had a clearout and it still looked good, i am sure they printed it on a oki a4 printer which is what impressed us as it is the printer we already have (3450), we havn't had any call for this product but i think it was just called laser light and laser dark, if you ring them i am sure they will send a sample pack for you

Paul
04-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I am after the printer first and wish to go for some cheap one as it wont be used to much. so i thought i may use it for some transfers.... will need to have a look on ebay...

TGal
14-08-2011, 12:30 PM
You could try Laser 1 Opaque - it is compatible with most laser printers and can be plotter trimmed or kiss-cut, weeded and moved with tape. It is always best to buy a sample pack first and testing it out.