PDA

View Full Version : Ink coming through the transfer paper onto next item!!!

Joy
01-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Hi All

When I recently used Xpres sublimation paper on cushion covers I noticed that the ink (especially the dark colours) must be somehow seeping through the transfer paper to the top of the heat press, because when I then printed another cushion I got a shadow of the first design on it!!
I usually cover items with a sheet of silicon paper when printing coasters, mousemats etc, but have not used this with the cushion covers because the edge of the silicon paper imprints/presses into the material and leaves a line across it.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Do you think a thicker paper might be better?
Any ideas will be very welcome!!
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Joy

Justin
01-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I use Xpres papaer and I can't say I've ever really noticed a problem. I do alwyas use a protective sheet in between though just in case.

Does the print look ok on the paper or is it blotchy as though too much ink is being put down? The ink should just sit on the surface and not be soaking through.

I would have thought a thicker paper may well help but I don't think you need to do this, the Xpres paper should be fine. have you spoken to their Tech Support?

Joy
01-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi
Thank you for your reply!
I use Xpres ink too, and the ink does just sit on the surface. I will speak to their Tech Support next week though.
It is fine if I use a protective sheet, but their silicon paper isn't big enough to cover the area without an edge crossing the fabric, and then the paper leaves a mark on the fabric. I daresay if I used ready made cushion covers then the silicon paper would be big enough to cover the whole item, but I print the designs on the material and then sew it up myself, thus the silicon paper isn't big enough to cover the material.
Joy

accdave
01-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi
but their silicon paper isn't big enough to cover the area without an edge crossing the fabric, and then the paper leaves a mark on the fabric.
Joy

Why not try the pauper's silicon paper, greaseproof paper cut to the size you want :D