PDA

View Full Version : Going on Safari...

bms
03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
No, I'm not, but see if you can play this little game. Assume I'm going on Safari and I've invited you to come along, but you can only join me if you bring something with you. Let me know what you would bring and I'll let you know if you can join the Safari...

Matt Quinn
03-08-2011, 09:42 PM
The Puppini Sisters!

-Purely so that can provide suitably 'retro sounds' for those long hot evenings in camp discussing the day's hunt over Brandy and fine Malt of course...

Though I'm keeping Marcella to myself!

Ian M
03-08-2011, 09:43 PM
A Land-Rover :biggrin:

Paul
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
a ruber chicken...

AdamB
03-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I suppose the thing I would bring to the table is a 'sense of adventure' :-)

Matt Quinn
03-08-2011, 10:22 PM

...SO you're bringing a table too? Excellent! :wink:

Paul
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
bottle of vodka any good?

AdamB
03-08-2011, 10:31 PM
...SO you're bringing a table too? Excellent! :wink:

might be .................. what's it to you anyway, Martin's just PM'd me and said I had the best answer and no-one else is invited just me - so there, but he doesn't want to tell you as he is bored and is enjoying the read!

;-) (lol)

jennywren
03-08-2011, 10:33 PM
water puri tablets

Matt Quinn
03-08-2011, 10:34 PM
bottle of vodka any good?

So long as it's good Polish wódka - purely for medicinal purposes of course ;-)

Matt Quinn
03-08-2011, 10:36 PM
might be .................. what's it to you anyway, Martin's just PM'd me and said I had the best answer and no-one else is invited just me - so there, but he doesn't want to tell you as he is bored and is enjoying the read!

;-) (lol)

Ach well - I'll just need to head off into the Jungle with the Puppinis myself then. - It'll be tough; but I'll be brave!

Paul
03-08-2011, 10:40 PM
So long as it's good Polish wódka
very impresed ;)

smitch6
03-08-2011, 10:44 PM
well the 1st thing i do where ever i go is make a cuppa or buy one etc so for me it'd have to be a little cooker and kettle with Tea making facilities lol
sad hey :) but i don't drink alcohol etc

AdamB
03-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Ach well - I'll just need to head off into the Jungle with the Puppinis myself then. - It'll be tough; but I'll be brave!

yeahh do that - we don't need any "40's has beens" ................ we's got 'THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT' by Tight Fit!

Matt Quinn
03-08-2011, 11:05 PM
yeahh do that - we don't need any "40's has beens" ................ we's got 'THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT' by Tight Fit!

- You may find the latter are considerably more decrepit than the former - The ladies simply adopt a 40's style... Whereas "Tight Fit" have no style at all... Now; I'm taking the pith helmet and going outside for a while - I may be gone some time! ;-)

Matt Quinn
03-08-2011, 11:07 PM
well the 1st thing i do where ever i go is make a cuppa or buy one etc so for me it'd have to be a little cooker and kettle with Tea making facilities lol

Well that's the Tiffin sorted then... Essential in any properly British Safari...

John G
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
If I was on safari I'd take a mattadeer

bms
04-08-2011, 08:08 AM
The Puppini Sisters!
Sorry Matt, that's not suitable, you can't come. Please try again :)

A Land-Rover :biggrin:
Sorry Ian, that's not suitable, you can't come. Please try again :)

a ruber chicken... bottle of vodka any good?
Sorry Paul, those are not suitable, you can't come. Please try again :)

Sorry Adam, very tempting, but that's not suitable so you can't come. Please try again :)

bms
04-08-2011, 08:11 AM
water puri tablets
Sorry Jennywren, that's not suitable. You can't come. Please try again :)

Sorry Smitch6 that's not suitable. You can't come. Please try again :)

If I was on safari I'd take a mattadeer
Sorry JohnG that's not suitable. You can't come. Please try again :)

Remember - this is a game - there is a logic to what you can bring and be allowed into the 'inner circle of those that can join the sarafi'. Your challenge is to work out the logic and no-one has got it yet...

AdamB
04-08-2011, 08:55 AM
What about some 'apples' ?

AdamB
04-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh and Martin ................... are you making this more difficult with your spelling? Or is this 'part' of the game? ;-)

Andrew
04-08-2011, 09:10 AM
My own keyboard.

Mattie
04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
is this a riddle type game, so answer could be "passport"

bms
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
What about some 'apples' ?
Apples will be fine Adam, you can join the Safari!

My own keyboard.
Sorry Andrew, that won't be suitable. You can't come. Please try again :)

so answer could be "passport"
Sorry Alligiftor, that won't be suitable. You can't come. Please try again :)

AdamB
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Apples will be fine Adam, you can join the Safari!

Thanks Martin, I have my mankini packed and ready to go.

Is it safari or sarafi ? I need to know as I have to give people my forwarding address?

Scotty@BMS
04-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Aside from a bucket and spade, how about a Lion?

bms
04-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Aside from a bucket and spade, how about a Lion?

Sorry Scott, you can't come. Please try again :) ...and you're sitting opposite me!!

bms
04-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks Martin, I have my mankini packed and ready to go.

Is it safari or sarafi ? I need to know as I have to give people my forwarding address?

Spelling correction made! Oh, and if you're thinking of a mankini then you can't come. What else would you bring (just to make sure you've got the logic?)

Scotty@BMS
04-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Well, and iPod certainly. And a tame Snow Leopard to keep the scene weird, Hunter S. Thompson style...

bms
04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Well, and iPod certainly. And a tame Snow Leopard to keep the scene weird, Hunter S. Thompson style...

No, sorry none of those would be suitable - it's nothing to do with a multinational company...(hence the reason for AdamB to clarify his logic and see what else he would bring). Adam you might be off the trip...

AdamB
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
..........Adam you might be off the trip...

OK - I'll leave the mankini at home :-)

bms
04-08-2011, 12:16 PM
OK - I'll leave the mankini at home :-)

So, what else would you bring...?

AdamB
04-08-2011, 12:18 PM
So, what else would you bring...?

are we changing the goal posts here Martin as you said 'one item' - now you want more?

Surely if I add another item I might give the game away!

John G
04-08-2011, 12:27 PM
A fan as it would be Soooooo hot!

bms
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
are we chaning the goal posts here Martin as you said 'one item' - now you want more?

Surely if I add another item I might give the game away!

The 'game' would normally go around a table where some get it and others don't (and on each round you would have to the change the item, but keep the same logic). If you think it will give the game away then I'll let you 'bring' your one product and once we have, say 6 other people with acceptable items, then we'll go round again (more quickly perhaps) for a second suitable item to confirm the people on the trip! If you want to pm me then I can confirm (or otherwise) your suitability :)

bms
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
A fan as it would be Soooooo hot!

That's still not suitable JohnG, you still can't come (yet... please try again :))

AdamB
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Is ANYONE going to join me and Martin for the Safari? Come on guys ........................ ;-)

Scotty@BMS
04-08-2011, 12:40 PM
A raging desire for beer?

Andrew
04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought it was heading down the Apple Safari route as well. So it's not the virtual world then?

AdamB
04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
The question is ....................... what would YOU take Martin? ;-)

bms
04-08-2011, 12:47 PM
A raging desire for beer?

Sorry Scott, that's not suitable. You still can't come. :)

bms
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
The question is ....................... what would YOU take Martin? ;-)

I would quite like a mars bar...

AdamB
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I would quite like a mars bar...

so are we including your 'mars bar' now in the list of items coming with us ... ?

bms
04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
so are we including your 'mars bar' now in the list of items coming with us ... ?

Yes. That's what I'll bring and that 'entitles' me to join the group that's going.

Draner
04-08-2011, 04:53 PM
could i bring an ANTELOPE?

bms
04-08-2011, 05:02 PM
could i bring an ANTELOPE?

Tempting as it is, sorry no you can't come...but I have a feeling you might be joining the group with your next guess!

Andrew
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
'PAVLOVA' . Always need one of those.

Andrew
04-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Got it. I'll be bringing some 'Bratwurst'

Ian M
04-08-2011, 07:53 PM
How about if I bring a 19 year old nymphomaniac who drives a Porsche & her Father owns a brewery. Failing that I'll bring a Milky Way.

bms
04-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Got it. I'll be bringing some 'Bratwurst''PAVLOVA' . Always need one of those.Sorry Andrew, that's not suitable - you can't come. Even if you brought a mars bar you still couldn't come. Have anther go...

bms
04-08-2011, 09:10 PM
How about if I bring a 19 year old nymphomaniac who drives a Porsche & her Father owns a brewery. Failing that I'll bring a Milky Way.Sorry Ian, none of those would be suitable still! It's nothing to do with food. I might have confused matters with what I would bring, so i'll clarify that I would bring a bar of chocolate, not a mars bar.

Draner
04-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Im going to bring a dishwasher.

Matt Quinn
04-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry Ian, none of those would be suitable

Now heading in the general direction of the Dorchester with Paul's unsuitable wódka Ian's unsuitable Land Rover and three highly unsuitable retro babes... :biggrin:

bms
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Im going to bring a dishwasher.

LOL, in which case Draner, you are welcome to join the group going on Safari...

I will also bring along a brush.

So what will others suggest to bring to join the Safari - there are 3 going so far, AdamB, Draner and me. Who will be the forth - can you work out the logic? If so then make a suggestion of what you will bring and I'll let you know if you can join the Safari.

AdamB
04-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Think this must be obvious now eh? but in any case, could I also bring some adult-mags for the long nights?

Draner
04-08-2011, 10:25 PM
oh well if your taking two things Martin then I'm also going to bring an elephant.

bms
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Think this must be obvious now eh? but in any case, could I also bring some adult-mags for the long nights?

Those would be entirely suitable (only cos they fit the logic, obviously!)

bms
04-08-2011, 10:49 PM
oh well if your taking two things Martin then I'm also going to bring an elephant.

Oh dear, if you want to bring an elephant then you're no longer in the group for the safari. If you suggest something different then you might be allowed back in again :)

JSR
04-08-2011, 10:52 PM
I'd have to bring some juice. Can't get far without my juice. Don't know if I'm allowed, though...:cool:

purpledragon
04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
keep the mags can i bring the models in the mags

bms
05-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I'd have to bring some juice. Can't get far without my juice. Don't know if I'm allowed, though...:cool:

Juice would be perfectly acceptable JSR. You can join the safari :)

bms
05-08-2011, 07:50 AM
keep the mags can i bring the models in the mags

But they still won't let you get on the Safari purpledragon. If you want to join, what else might you bring that could be acceptable? I only have 2 places left before the Safari leaves - the next 2 members that get the logic can come, then I'll close the game and off we go...

Draner
05-08-2011, 08:59 AM
The only other logical thing to bring then is a dragon. I think it would be most useful for making fire and protecting us from dangerous wild life.
Will we be taking a Landrover or some kind of dune buggy?

bms
05-08-2011, 09:08 AM
The only other logical thing to bring then is a dragon. I think it would be most useful for making fire and protecting us from dangerous wild life.
Will we be taking a Landrover or some kind of dune buggy?

A dragon and a dune buggy would be most suitable. You're back in the group!

Okay, so far the group is me, AdamB, JSR and Draner. Anyone else coming on Safari? Let me know what you'd bring and see if you can join...

John G
05-08-2011, 09:18 AM
If I still had it i'd take me old datsun, the stanza was made from old dishwashers.

AdamB
05-08-2011, 09:33 AM
If I still had it i'd take me old datsun, the stanza was made from old dishwashers.

Come on John - it'd be great if you could come as we could do with a 'SCREEN PRINTING MACHINE' on the safari ......

John G
05-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Lost me completely - carousel by any chance

bms
05-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Lost me completely - carousel by any chance

No sorry John, that won't be suitable - you still can't come. The old datsun or stanza wouldn't be suitable either. Whilst Draner can bring a dishwasher, I'm afraid that you couldn't.

Come on - any more takers for the Safari trip?? See if you can work out the logic of those that are coming so far...

AdamB
05-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Sorry John ;-) I'm just making things more difficult!

mgibbs
05-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Would a mallet be useful?

Mark

bms
05-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Would a mallet be useful?

Mark

Certainly would be! Welcome to the Safari. Just one more place left and then we're off on our virtual Safari. Anyone else care to join?

Andrew
05-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I decided to just go through the dictionary and I know I'll eventually get there.

Right, where do I start........ Aardvark

bms
05-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I decided to just go through the dictionary and I know I'll eventually get there.

Right, where do I start........ Aardvark

Horray!!! We have the sixth person so off we go - enjoy yourself everyone.

Okay, for those of you who are totally bemused by what on earth is going on, the "game" is that you start a conversation off by saying your going somewhere and would the next person like to join you. You say what you would bring and if the next person suggests something that fits the logic that you've decided upon then they can come as well. This goes round and round until everyone works out what the logic is...

So I would bring a bar of chocolate and a brush (DSF username BMS)
Draner would bring a Dishwasher or a Dragon
AdamB would bring Apples and Adult mags
mgibbs would bring a Mallet
JSR would bring some Juice
Andrew would bring an Aardvark

The logic was that you could bring anything so long as it started with the first letter of your DSF username (hence my calrification earlier in the thread from a Mars bar to a Bar of chocolate - I forgot I was on here with the username of BMS rather than Martin!)

If you play this game anywhere else then just use the first names of the people involved - that couldn't be done here as this information isn't readily available.

So JohnG, you could have brough a Jerry can, a Jumper, a Juggling ball or anything else beginning with J

John G
05-08-2011, 11:06 AM
There's me thinking it was iphone/apps :redface:

mgibbs
05-08-2011, 11:06 AM
A free box of mugs for the winners? :biggrin:

Mark

AdamB
05-08-2011, 11:10 AM
A free box of mugs for the winners? :biggrin:

Mark

REALLY! that's fantastic ............. thank you Martin :-)