PDA

View Full Version : i hate parcel farce

mrs maggot
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
nearest depot is in cambridge, 40 mins (if the a14 is running) from the unit. last night BIG sign left for them asking them to get the unit next door to sign for the urgent parcel that was coming from BMS - now every single other company that come to our estate (it is rural) leave parcels with other units if someone is not there - but oh no not parcel farce, they simply put the note we had left back in the letter box with a note - not dated or signed, saying they would try again tomorrow - I NEEDED it today - we are off to a charity show in 30 mins, and i needed the money boxes for gifts for 4 children who have been nominated for the cancer charity we are supporting.

so we have now left a HUGE note on the door and on the post box asking them to make sure the parcel id left somewhere on the industrial estate - anyone of the other 12 businesses will do, and we will then have to get someone to pick it up and bring it over to us at the event.

i have tried calling the depot to no avail so far to explain to them what needs to be done.

i think next time i have a BMS order i will arrange for a courier to call and collect so i dont have to use PF

Scotty@BMS
04-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Bloody annoying. We bust our backsides getting packages out and get let down when these sort of things happen. It is actually PF company policy, unless stated on the label of the package, to not leave packages anywhere but with the consignee. The idea is that the driver may have a problem if he leaves it with a neighbour who later claims to not have taken in the package. But come on, on an industrial estate?! You all take packages in for your neighbours, surely? common sense goes for a burton once again! Grrrr!

Ian M
04-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Laura, Yodel are nearly as bad as Parcel Force at times. Sent an urgent order on Monday morning for next day delivery. It got there the next day but according to the tracking it took 14 hours to deliver from the final depot to & the address where it was being deliverd to was 2 miles down the road. If I'd sent it on the 2 day delivery as usual it would have probably still got there the next day but early in the morning.

Paul
04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
you can say whatever you want about MyHermes but they never fail yet and they live my parcel in the green house when I want them too ;)

mgibbs
04-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I've had a few packages posted through the cat flap :)

Mark

mrs maggot
04-08-2011, 05:22 PM
spoken to the lady at the depot, she assures me that tomorrow he will deliver it to one of the other units, as she knows we wont be there, then mark will ride over and collect it and bring it back to the show - taken a while to sort out, but hopefully common sense will prevail - have a good weekend peeps (its p*ssing down here) oh the joys of festivals in the rain

Andrew
04-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I use Fedex and they are always reliable both sending and when we receive from them. Also insured for our mugs unlike most.

Scotty@BMS
04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I use Fedex and they are always reliable both sending and when we receive from them. Also insured for our mugs unlike most.

We use FedEx for international shipments. Pretty decent, except for when the French go on strike and parcels get stuck in the Paris hub!

purpledragon
04-08-2011, 07:25 PM
We use FedEx for international shipments.

Peckham Dorset Paris
mange tuit Rodney mange tuit
can just see you in the yellow 3 wheeler scotty boy
lmao

Stitch Up
04-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Parcelfarce NEVER leave 'signed for' parcels with neighnours. They will deliver to your local post office. We've found Yodel to be fine.

Ian M
04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
The secret is now out Scott :biggrin:

Scotty@BMS
05-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Peckham Dorset Paris
mange tuit Rodney mange tuit
can just see you in the yellow 3 wheeler scotty boy
lmao

Unlikely Brett, I don't have a driving license...

Scotty@BMS
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
The secret is now out Scott :biggrin:

Too much time on your hands, Ian!

purpledragon
05-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Unlikely Brett, I don't have a driving license...
and your point is ??

Scotty@BMS
05-08-2011, 10:41 AM
and your point is ??

Brett, I'm shocked. We're all fine upstanding citizens round this way. We don't live in Hampshire, for God's sake! (And for all our sakes...)

purpledragon
05-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Brett, I'm shocked. We're all fine upstanding citizens round this way. We don't live in Hampshire, for God's sake! (And for all our sakes...)
ive seen your face book page .....nuff said

Scotty@BMS
05-08-2011, 01:44 PM
At least I live in a sensible country!

Paul
05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
whats wrong with hampshire?? ;)

Scotty@BMS
05-08-2011, 02:40 PM
whats wrong with hampshire?? ;)

Hampshire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scumhole!

Reg
05-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Nothing wrong with Hampshire

Scotty@BMS
05-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Nothing right with it!

Paul
06-08-2011, 10:24 AM
lol :) some places are alright :)

mrs maggot
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
sorry for the delay - managed to have a hog roast at the event, that left us (and quite a few others) with one or two issues lol

the parcel was delivered to our neighbours unit on friday morning (different driver), mark went over on the bike and collected the money boxes i needed for the event, then a wave of panic hit me, never pressed money boxes before, and dont have the colour profile on the laptop - only on the work pc - so i took a deep breath, used simple colours and a simple design and printed them - same design on each but with the childrens name on, and they were fine. phew