PDA

View Full Version : Split thread from Coralgraph section

Stitch Up
07-08-2011, 05:21 AM
I hope Justin is extracting a large contribution from you for the maintenance of this site :wink:

boristrump
07-08-2011, 08:28 AM
yeah a large contribution from you for the maintenance of this site! thats fair don't you think so? its not an lovecut thing again is it?

Stitch Up
07-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I've purchased goods from Coralgraph and been very pleased with the quality. However, many of the members contribute to the maintenance of DSF for the purpose of sharing expertise benefitting each other.

I think with the increase in commercial advertising on DSF some sort of advertising/payment scheme should be setup. We, the members & Justin the admin, struggled to get this site going from scratch. We all know there are costs involved and in order to keep this forum going, have made donations. Should we consider an advertising structurre? Remember, this is a very valuable resource for advertisers with 800+ members to target. Maybe its already been done?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against advertising, it's beneficial to the members and some advertisers go the extra mile and provide excellent advice and competition prizes.

Would be interested to hear the views of others.

Could admin shift this post to a more appropriate location as I don't wish it to be seen as targetting any one trader

jennywren
07-08-2011, 12:13 PM
We already have a suppliers list and this is where they should be, I understand new products and special offers but not this, some of the heat press look like they just the models that they turn out

Stitch Up
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
We already have a suppliers list and this is where they should be.

I agree with that Jenny

I understand new products and special offers but not this, some of the heat press look like they just the models that they turn out

Personally, I don't mind this - maybe another thread for special offers. However, what I would object to is making donations to keep this forum going without a substantial contribution from those who choose to advertise here. Can you begin to imagine the cost of a 'list of active purchasers with contact details' specifically for dye-sub stuff? It would be substantial. As I said previously, maybe something is already in place.

Justin
07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Coralgraph along with other suppliers are in the process of discussing advertising and contributions towards running costs etc. at the moment.

This particular section has been set up solely to allow Coralgraph to announce new products/discounts and so on and this is what it is being used for.

I have not announced any details regarding advertising yet as it's not completely decided and I didn't want to invoke panic amongst those that don't want to see adverts. I will make announcements in due course. In the meantime I'll split this topic and move it to a more suitable location.