PDA

View Full Version : Refill ArTainium CIS

theemmanewman
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Hoping someone can advise how to refill ArTainium CIS - bought from Martin for Epson B1100, I can find the box and every bit of wrapping etc that came with it, but instructions? Not a chance! I know they are somewhere safe, unfortunately can't really tell people that they can have their orders when I find the instructions, so if anyone could help I will be eternally grateful.

bms
08-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Unplug big bung, pour ink in, put back big bung! :)

jennywren
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
simplees, you'll need a syringe, I use a different syringe for each colour.

theemmanewman
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Blimey glad I asked, wouldn't want to do that in the wrong order! Thanks Martin, am now feeling extremely silly.

AdamB
08-08-2011, 07:58 PM

It's funny because I need to fill mine up and have been leaving it ............... when you say 'big bung' Martin this is the 'bi bung' in that leads to the smaller front container? All ink levels in the front container are level, with the rear container having the fill line on it ............... not to confuse the matter :)

bms
08-08-2011, 08:05 PM
There are a couple of different designs on the EasyFlow systems. With the one you refer to, you do the same, but when the shorter side is full up you tilt back the system so the ink goes into the larger section. The ink doesn't flow back again to the small section (just like magic!). Repeat as necessary to fill the larger section.

AdamB
08-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Got ya ..............

The ink doesn't flow back again to the small section (just like magic!). Repeat as necessary to fill the larger section.

How does this work then .............. sorry! just curious how it doesn't go back through to the smaller section.

purpledragon
08-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Ive heard of dumbing down instructions martin but thats the best yet !!! what next how to print a mug "put ink on paper put paper near mug make mug hot UGG" lol

bms
08-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Got ya ..............

How does this work then .............. sorry! just curious how it doesn't go back through to the smaller section.

Told you... it's magic! :)

bms
08-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Ive heard of dumbing down instructions martin but thats the best yet !!! what next how to print a mug "put ink on paper put paper near mug make mug hot UGG" lol

....I'll have to change our instructions online now...:)

AdamB
08-08-2011, 10:58 PM

thanks! ......... I take it that this magic can't be explained to non-members of the 'magic sublimation circle' ;)

bms
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
It's probably something as simple as a non-return valve, but the 'magic explanation' is much more interesting.

JackB
13-08-2011, 10:28 PM

I thought that was the laser printing method that you sell. :rolleyes:

Jack.

bms
13-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I thought that was the laser printing method that you sell. :rolleyes:

Jack.

....:smile: