PDA

View Full Version : Help please !

derek
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi can anyone give me any information on best place to buy a flatbed heat press from? and are any of the all in 1 presses worth considering? Has anyone found a way of printing onto black t shirts with Sublimation?
Has anyone brought from coralgraph are their presses well made and good value?
What are peoples opinions on this mug printing set from Ancient wisdom?

http://www.ancientwisdom.biz/forms/printm/

(http://www.ancientwisdom.biz/forms/printm/)and these inks?

http://www.ancientwisdom.biz/forms/prints/

Sorry for all the questions any help would be much appreciate.

Thank you

Derek

Justin
08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Ancient Wisdom are members of the forum is I remember correctly.

You can only sublimate onto white/very light pastel colour material and it must have a high polyester content. To print onto black you're looking at vinyl, transfer, dtg or screen print mainly.

Many members have dealt with Coralgraph, you'll find latest offers for their presses in the Suppliers section.

The link you have supplied to inks is for third party inks. Sawgrass have the patent on small format inks here in the UK so companies aren't allowed to sell you the cheaper, often Chinese, sourced inks. Again, you'll find many dye-sub printers using them as they have imported themselves but for a beginner to sublimation I would always recommend using licensed inks to get the support that it will offer you.

derek
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Thank you Justin
That is very helpful,and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me

bms
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
You can also use sublimation for dark garments using the subli-dark or subli-flock processes which leave a thick stuck on image on the front of the garment. Okay really for small badges or something like that.

As well as the methods Justin mentions, there is also WOW7.1 from The Magic Touch, but this is expensive and not really for 'cutting your teeth on'.

derek
08-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Thank you for the info Martin, I shall check these out :smile:

Paul
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I bought a press from coralgraph couple of months ago and its well made and i could not find cheaper place for one. they even lower the price about postage for me coz i was so skined lol :)

regards to links you post it would be worth to ask the what kind of suport will you recieve if any thing goes wrong. for this price you would expect descen customer service....

Ialso I could not find any info about ICC profile for this printer?! If there is non then you will suffer! is worth to ask all those things before you spen this sort of money...

derek
09-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi Paul
Thank you for your help and knowledge on this subject.
Would you buy a 6in1 or 8in1 press or do you consider single presses to be a better option?

Derek

Paul
09-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I would buy 6 in one again and again as I usedto had one. plus my space is limited and i print as a hobby only. sometimes will sell odd tee to mates but thats all realy... If buying all in one make sure you got descent flat bed size as there is loads smaller then A4 out there for big price. lot of them never mention sizes so you you stuffed :) if you buy one.

in-all-in one press is good that you can use one elctronic unit so you just change cables and job done. I am sure it would be pain in the bottom for some people but as I said in my liitle sapce this is actualy benefit.
...and is swing away. best type of press for sublimation you can get ;)

bms
09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Depends what you get extra when comparing the 6in1 to the 8in1. The extra 2 bits with our DF18 are the small and larsge latte mug elements for the mug press. Depends if you want to do them, of course, but they aren't an extra add on afterwards, normally.

fridayschild
10-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Depends what you get extra when comparing the 6in1 to the 8in1. The extra 2 bits with our DF18 are the small and larsge latte mug elements for the mug press. Depends if you want to do them, of course, but they aren't an extra add on afterwards, normally.

I bought a 6 in 1 from coralgraph at the weekend ( haven't even had a chance to open it yet!) when I was dithering over the 6 versus the 8 Henry from Coralgraph told me that, as BMS said, the other two 'bits' were different mugs but he also said that they could be added on afterwards. He did say though, that the ones on the 6 press were the sizes most used by people.