PDA

View Full Version : need help with signblaze

kris_hm
10-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi there,
ok, so I've got my first cutter and doing some test.
got design from corel draw, copy it to sign blazer. everything goes nice but every line is cutted three times with minimal distance (about 1/3 mm)
cant understand why. I've checked design in corel draw and i'm sure it's only one line there
please help

Paul
11-08-2011, 12:02 AM
it may be one line but it may be coesed by "stroke" I have done it once and on earth could not find out why was that :)
can you select your logo or whatever it is and just change the lines as a "hair line"?? I am not corel guru. just trying to have some idea :)

John G
11-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Not sure about signblazer but you may have to convert to curves then export out of coreldraw as eps then import it into your cutting program.

This might help.

kris_hm
11-08-2011, 01:34 AM
I think I found a reason. looks like design in corel draw has an outline switched on. then signblazer recognize it as two different objects to cut (outline as a second object). could switch off outline in corel draw but it's a part of design :/

kris_hm
11-08-2011, 01:54 AM
ok. now I've got it :) in Corel Draw select object, then go to Arrange/Convert Outline to Object, then switch off outline (as new one will be automatically created), select all objects (base one and new created from outline) and go to Arrange/Shaping/Weld --- that's how permanently change outline into part of object :P

John G
11-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Yes, everytime you put an outline onto an image your plotter will detect it and cut to that line.

mrs maggot
11-08-2011, 10:31 AM
caught me out a few times in the beginning, as well, glad you have it sorted, always something new to learn, sometimes view the image in corel draw in wireframe, just to check

pitkin2020
11-08-2011, 05:36 PM
ok. now I've got it :) in Corel Draw select object, then go to Arrange/Convert Outline to Object, then switch off outline (as new one will be automatically created), select all objects (base one and new created from outline) and go to Arrange/Shaping/Weld --- that's how permanently change outline into part of object :P

If you don't need the outline, which if your cutting vinyl you shouldn't then why not just remove straight away, no need to weld anything then?

Its always worth converting to curves too before exporting and opening in sign blazer as you can sometimes get a double line in SB when you open it, which if you don't realise its there it will cut the same thing twice lol

kris_hm
11-08-2011, 06:47 PM
pitkin2020 - I needed the outline as in some places it was a part of design. anyway, sorted now

thanks for all suggestions

pitkin2020
11-08-2011, 07:58 PM
pitkin2020 - I needed the outline as in some places it was a part of design. anyway, sorted now

thanks for all suggestions

No probs, its just unusual to use an outline as part of the vinyl design as usually its just a hairline so even when cut there will be noting there as there is only 1 side (1 line) to cut, unlike a contour which will be an actual shape around the design. Glad you got it sorted.