PDA

View Full Version : Edges not 'doing' enough

harlequeen
11-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Hi

I've tried some full colour edge to edge mugs, but the bottom edge and side edges aren't finishing too well. Is this something that can be cured by tightening the mug press blanket or is it something to do with the tape being applied on the edge (although i don't put tape at the bottom)

Some advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Paula

Paul
11-08-2011, 12:19 AM
make sure transfer is tight on the mug. up preasure to quite heavy. also you can pour hot water to the mug before it goes to the press as bottoms of the mug are more chunky and need more heat. but i would tighten blanket up a bit more first. also good trick is (and I use it a lot) to tak the mug out of the press and flip it over :)

Lee
11-08-2011, 01:32 AM
ditto...I always flip the mug, just a habt I've got into....I would follow Pauls advice, although I have found some mugs arent perfectly straight at the bottom so a bit of fading is probably inevitable on these ones.... I tend to leave 1 or 2 mm at the bottom now, even on the full wraps...

mrs maggot
11-08-2011, 10:33 AM
i have turned mine halfway through as another member suggested, and that can also help cure the problem but as TPM says sometimes with some mugs you just cant win