PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh 3300

AJLA
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Anyone using one with Corel and do you use a ICC profile or not??

John G
12-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Not using one but you should be using powerdriver, not icc profile, with this printer.

mgibbs
12-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I use the GX7000 with Corel and Powerdriver.

Mark

Kaz
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Same as Mark.

If the ICC profile is switched on at the same time as using powerdriver, the colours come out all wrong.

I know from bitter experience a few months back :(

John G
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't think you install the profile as there is no need - just the powerdriver. I'm sure Martin will be along soon to confirm this!

AJLA
12-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Come on Martin. . . .

bms
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Anyone using one with Corel and do you use a ICC profile or not??

With the Ricoh printers - just install PowerDriver. No need for the ICC profile as well. PowerDriver makes life so much easier and no messing around with profiles.

AJLA
12-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Knew you'd be along thanks for confirming that Martin

JSR
12-08-2011, 02:27 PM
PowerDriver makes life so much easier and no messing around with profiles.
The easier things are perceived to be, the more detached we become from understanding how things work.

Scotty@BMS
12-08-2011, 03:00 PM
The easier things are perceived to be, the more detached we become from understanding how things work.

As Blackadder said; "I'm afraid that I'm one of the people who are happy to wear cotton, but has no idea how it works!"

JSR
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
As Blackadder said; "I'm afraid that I'm one of the people who are happy to wear cotton, but has no idea how it works!"
Ah, but there's a difference between a reseller that sells the products of one manufacturer and the actual user who would be better off to not base their whole business on one supplier and one manufacturer.

My point is that, yes Ricoh on the Sawgrass PowerDriver may be the "easiest" option - but if Ricoh, the supplier of the equipment, the maker of the PowerDriver, or the manufacturer of the ink disappears, then that's our business gone for a burton.

If, however, we've taken the time to learn how things work - the worst that can happen is that we buy from elsewhere. Anyone who intends to be in this for the long haul really needs to be understanding how things work and not taking the "easy option" all the time, otherwise their business is on shaky ground from day one.

Scotty@BMS
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Ah, but there's a difference between a reseller that sells the products of one manufacturer and the actual user who would be better off to not base their whole business on one supplier and one manufacturer.

My point is that, yes Ricoh on the Sawgrass PowerDriver may be the "easiest" option - but if Ricoh, the supplier of the equipment, the maker of the PowerDriver, or the manufacturer of the ink disappears, then that's our business gone for a burton.

If, however, we've taken the time to learn how things work - the worst that can happen is that we buy from elsewhere. Anyone who intends to be in this for the long haul really needs to be understanding how things work and not taking the "easy option" all the time, otherwise their business is on shaky ground from day one.

To be fair, I wasn't making a point. I just like to quote Blackadder wherever possible!

JSR
13-08-2011, 12:13 AM
To be fair, I wasn't making a point. I just like to quote Blackadder wherever possible!
Fair enough. I love Blackadder and I'm always quoting him.

I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.