PDA

View Full Version : Epson B1100

JackB
13-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi I noticed a retail website: The Epson B1100 is now a fully supported printer for use with Artainium sublimation inks. This 4 colour A3 sized printer produces excellent quality sublimation prints and is ideal for all sublimation products that we sell that are up to A3+ in size.
Does this mean that Epson cover any problems if you are using Sawgrass inks, or does it mean that the Artainium inks are now supporting this printer?

Also would you say that the Epson 1400 with the cis is any better that the Epson B1100?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I,m just starting sumblimation and trying to sort out the best equipment to buy. (Best in usage and reliabliity not necessarily price).

Jack.

bms
13-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi I noticed a retail website: The Epson B1100 is now a fully supported printer for use with Artainium sublimation inks. This 4 colour A3 sized printer produces excellent quality sublimation prints and is ideal for all sublimation products that we sell that are up to A3+ in size.
Does this mean that Epson cover any problems if you are using Sawgrass inks, or does it mean that the Artainium inks are now supporting this printer?

Also would you say that the Epson 1400 with the cis is any better that the Epson B1100?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I,m just starting sumblimation and trying to sort out the best equipment to buy. (Best in usage and reliabliity not necessarily price).

Jack.

No, Epson don't cover the warranty, but you have support backed up by Sawgrass should the printer become terminal and Epson won't sort the printer out during the warranty period.

As for differences, the Photo 1400 is 6 colour, the B1100 is 4 colour. As Ricoh have just discontinued the GX7000 there is a couple of weeks wait until the new GX7700 is launched and this will be the new Ricoh printer that is supported with sublimation inks. Price wise the Ricoh will be the most expensive. Do you need to go to A3/ A3+ (Ricoh will only be A3, not A3+)?

I'm away for a couple of weeks now, so any replies from me will be a bit hit and miss, but I'm sure plenty others will step in with plenty of advice.

JackB
13-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the reply Martin.
I need the A3 because as well t-shirts we intend doing canvas photo frames, cushion covers, flags, ect, and I am going to buy a 38 x50 heat Press (British made of course in Hinkley. :wink:)
I noticed on your website that the Ricoh GX7700 will be £898.80 when it comes out, so if I decide on a Ricoh then I had beter get the GX 7000 pretty quickly.

Jack.

JSR
13-08-2011, 11:03 PM
but you have support backed up by Sawgrass should the printer become terminal
Don't you have to buy the printer from an authorised reseller for this to happen? I'm fairly sure I read before that this doesn't apply if you find the printer cheaper on Amazon or elsewhere.

(I only ask the question to clarify for the OP. My daily printers are neither Epson nor Ricoh these days.)