PDA

View Full Version : Part Printer Part Software Niggle

Front Bedroom
14-08-2011, 02:00 AM
I've been using the SSC Service Utility on a variety of Epson printers for 3 years or more and it's always performed as expected. The other day I installed a 'new' (to me at least) Epson Stylus Photo R300 along with an old but good CISS, fresh dye sub ink and an external waste ink container, which was when the fun started.

The Protection Counter display claims the printer has a maximum value of only 46750 (unless there's a digit not being displayed). However just a normal head clean and nozzle check performed after being stood overnight will generate 22K to 23K on the counter even though it's been reset to zero the previous evening. Just a handful of graphics prints can get it over 64K when the printer refuses to print again until the counter has been reset once more.

Finally: I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm selling my last 2 Epson A3 printers (a 1270 and a 1290) for spares or repairs on eBay if anyone is interested. You can PM me for the eBay item number if you're close enough to Rotherham to collect as I'm loath to trust any delicate equipment, even if not working, to the not so tender mercies of RM or PF.