PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Banner

Ian M
15-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Is it me or does anyone else feel just a tad uncomfortable when typing when you can see a pig with false teeth staring at you?

AdamB
15-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Is it me or does anyone else feel just a tad uncomfortable when typing when you can see a pig with false teeth staring at you?

I just saw a yolo one pop up .................... is this the first supplier to use the banner system Justin?

(and ref the pig - if anything as I'm working late it makes me a little home sick! ...................... I can say that as the missis never bothers with this boring "sub stuff" as she calls it lol)

Kaz
15-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I've got a scary looking baby with goggle eyes and big ears :(

mrs maggot
15-08-2011, 10:18 PM
me too, kaz, which is good as i thought i really needed to go to the opticians, been trying to make it look like a pig with false teeth for ages lol

Justin
15-08-2011, 10:35 PM
OK, they're not false teeth and I'm sorry I don't photograph all that well :rolleyes: As for my children, come on guys give me a break! :wink:

Yes, Yolo are the first company on-board with advertising.

Paul
15-08-2011, 10:38 PM
?????? i did not notice any new banner... :confused:

mrs maggot
15-08-2011, 10:47 PM
i see a pig now lol

JackB
15-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Isn't it funny how you don't notice something then somebody points it out, and from then on it sublimates the image into your brain.:eek:

Jack.

JackB
15-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Yolo there's are new picture now. lol

Jack.

Lee
16-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Not sure if this is appropiate to ask about an advertised product, but I clicked thru to the site and read about the inkjet transfers - has anyone used any of these for light or dark tees using an iron - do they last / wash ok...?

John G
16-08-2011, 09:22 AM
I like the yolo ad - looks good and a lot smaller and less intrusive than I thought it would be. Well done Justin, and yolo for advertising - must try their laser papers as had little luck with the MT ones.

Kaz
16-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Had the yolo image on page 1 and the pig on page 2.

Not tried the yolo papers

JackB
16-08-2011, 10:44 AM
My wife has a t-shirt that has a picture on it with what I believe to have been done via transfer paper, it has a plasticky feel to it and has certainly faded with washing.
Maybe this was done with an inferior paper and a quality one won't fade. It will be interesting to find out.

Jack.

AdamB
16-08-2011, 11:11 AM
I use two types of transfer paper/vinyl at the moment. A cheap ebay special that I use for stag/hen/event t-shirts and yolo papers for transfers that I want to last longer.

Why?

Because a few months ago (I'm sure my post about this is somewhere) I did some extensive wash tests with various types of transfer paper including printable flex.

I printed the same design on each of the papers, pressed it onto a t-shirt and washed then dried on a clothes horse for about 15 times to see what happened (over a few weeks of course). The results were good and ALL of the papers were still good and vibrant.

I then put the t-shirt in the wash and then in the drier. The ebay one started to crumble ................. not bad I thought as this had a good life and is ideal for stag/hen/event transfers. The others (yolo and printable flex) stood their ground although the yolo one did go a little 'cripsy' after a cycle in the drier.

Now I label each t-shirt I produce to avoid the drier to 'pro-long the life' of the transfer. I explain that they won't come off in the drier - you just preserve the life more avoiding it.

I would reccomend anyone 'testing' stuff before they sell it - I do this with EVERYTHING as I know exactly how it handles after a customer buys it, to be honest I wouldn't expect anything else if 'I' was purchasing something.

Hope that helps?

EDIT: another important note is that I print ALL my transfers with PIGMENT INK, not dye ink.

Justin
16-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Yolo now have their own section in the Suppliers area so you can ask questions about products direct ;-)

JSR
17-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Yes, Yolo are the first company on-board with advertising.
Am I the only one who thinks it's the height of irony that the first advertiser on the Dye Sub Forum doesn't sell Dye Sub products?

I'm not entirely sure what they get out of advertising here, but I'm sure they know what they're doing... :D

Justin
17-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Yolo have strong product links with this forum. Whilst my initial idea was to have a dye sub only forum it quickly became apparent that we needed other methods of decoration included.Vinyls and papers etc are such methods.I get asked most weeks to advertise for many other non related industries and turn these away concious that they serve only as an irritation.

JSR
17-08-2011, 11:25 AM
That's fair enough. However, I just recall when we were discussing blocked banners on the other thread.

If the advertising banners are going to advertise companies and products that don't relate to dyesub products on the dyesub forum, then I'll keep them blocked for reasons of being of no interest. If there comes a time that I need their products, I'll find them in the suppliers' forum so that's okay.

AdamB
17-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Jonathan - do you not work with vinyl and do garments?

I would have thought 'most' of us that do Dye Sub also do vinyl on garments also - so 'can' see the benefit of DSF offers?

John G
17-08-2011, 11:39 AM
I can see the benefit and will be ordering the trial pack, especially with 10% off - great opening offer!

JSR
17-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Jonathan - do you not work with vinyl and do garments?
Nope. Never had any real success in doing them.

On the rare occasional I do coloured/dark garments, I use flock from BMS because it's the only thing I've found that produces reliable results.

Paul
17-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I agree with Justin. sublimation for most is one of the other ways to decorate products. is always good to have some deals for vinyl etc...
regards to Yolo, they do sell sublimation products ;) jigsaw puzzle here :) (http://www.yolo.co.uk/heat-transfer-blanks-15-c.asp)

John G
17-08-2011, 11:49 AM
I use flock from BMS because it's the only thing I've found that produces reliable results

All the flex / vinyls i've used produce reliable results - you must have been buying ebay cheapy vinyl or not using the right heat/pressure ratio if its failing.

JSR
17-08-2011, 11:53 AM
All the flex / vinyls i've used produce reliable results - you must have been buying ebay cheapy vinyl or not using the right heat/pressure ratio if its failing.
Nope, never used ebay cheapy. A couple of years back I went through many different products trying to find something that works, but I finally gave up when I'd spent more than I was comfortable with without actually finding something that was good enough (except for flock).

AdamB
17-08-2011, 12:01 PM
All the flex / vinyls i've used produce reliable results .......

Ditto - never had a problem really once I had got the heat/pressure settings right (as with any product you have to test and adjust until it's right). I do dye sub and vinyl/flock/flex on a regular basis and it's good as the variety is there to bring in different customers that normally get something from the other range once they see what's available.

Yolo Creative
17-08-2011, 06:40 PM
We just wanted to say that we did think long and hard before asking if we could advertise on the forum. We realise that the forum was primarily for sublimation but we had started to notice an increasing number of threads on heat transfer paper and vinyls. Over the years, we've found that many people start out with one method of image transfer and progress onto another. Many of our customers use multiple methods of image transfer depending on the type of image and substrate - sometimes it amazes us when they list off the equipment that they have!

Our aim is not to encourage switching from one method to another but we would like to raise awareness of the different methods and where they are most effective or useful e.g. heat transfer paper for for darks and cotton. Just like our customers, we're also always learning so it is great to be able to hear feedback and help where we can. We're always looking for new products and sometimes it is one simple request or piece of feedback that sparks an idea for a new product. We hope that we can become part of the forum and continue to support it as it goes from strength to strength.

Paul
17-08-2011, 07:11 PM
I think is great idea to have you/your stuff/knolage on here. before I never knew your company and now i found good source for my future investments :)
there is so many people been asked before about puting the picture on dark tee just for the stag doo etc... transfer paper is great solution for this. so I think you suit the forum well Yolo ;)

all the best

PAul