PDA

View Full Version : Printer Profile for Epson S22

Jo1507
18-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Hi
We've purchased an S22 printer and (from reading various threads re colours not printing correctly) think we need to instal a printer profile. We've found a website 'Pure Profiles' who sell these but am not sure if their profiles are just for regular inks, not subli ones. Any help re purchasing the correct profile would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jo

Justin
18-08-2011, 01:11 AM
I've used this company on just one occasion, it wasn't successful and I got my money back. Others may have had a better experience but for me no good :-( If I remember correctly the profile was no good for sublimation as I was only asked to provide paper prints. You'd need to submit prints onto blanks to get the profile correct.

I've created profiles before with one of our members ColorMunki. Fantastic piece of kit but not cheap.

Not sure what inks you're using but please be aware that third party inks aren't patented by Sawgrass and also the S22 isn't a supported printer so you're basically on your own with both the inks and printer.....except for everyone here helping you of course!

Paul
18-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Try icc for s21. I am sure somone will be able to help you with this one ;)

JSR
18-08-2011, 03:44 PM
I've created profiles before with one of our members ColorMunki. Fantastic piece of kit but not cheap.
Very true. If I'd known what I know now when I started out, my first investment would have been a ColorMunki (or whatever was available at the time). I would have saved myself the cost of the device twice over just on the cost of printers alone - printers I bought because they were the "supported" models.

Reg
18-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I've been using the S20 for 2 years set at brightness +5 contrast +5 cyan 0 magenta -10 yellow +5 Epson vivid I print from Adobe Illustrator cs colour mode cymk. Reg

Jo1507
18-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Many thanks for all your help. I will request an icc for s21 via a new thread. Thanks again.

Justin
18-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Keep it under this thread, ICC is a profile :-)

woodpecker1980
25-02-2014, 06:15 PM
did you get a profile sorted?