PDA

View Full Version : One more problem ..... Any ideas ?

Lornem
22-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Bought a mug press, along with a flat press from a firm off a link on eBay, flat press I'm getting the hang of, but have gone through 20 mugs trying to get it to transfer evenly, it fades towards the top and bottom of mug, I have tried every pressure from loose to just about breaking the mug ... Does anyone have any idea's please ?

Thanks

Lorne

Paul
22-08-2011, 07:02 PM
and Time and temp you used? This is more important then presure imo.

Lornem
22-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Bought mugs off BMS and following guide given by them, tried higher temp in 5 degree increments and a couple longer in , but same result, or should they be coming down ?

kevin.m.
22-08-2011, 07:32 PM
just a thought and don't know whether it would work but instead of wasting so many mugs why not try doing perhaps 1" vertical strips on the mug and then doing the next pressing further round the mug, you should be able to get about 5 / 6 vertical strips to test your setup and to get it near to the mark before trying a full mug

Ian M
22-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Lornem where in West Yorkshire are you? I'm in Bradford & if your local maybe I could come & try to help you out some time.

Lornem
22-08-2011, 08:51 PM
My home is in featherstone, but I'm a coach driver and work away every week ( Llandudno this week ) a two week tour of Ireland twice in the next month, my so is the one at the machine and I'm relaying everything to him, but will keep it in consideration if that's ok

Gonna ring the firms technical department tomorrow, if no joy, they have it says a great returns policy, so might ask for the money back and have a go at a different machine, I know it's not a lot, but any recommendations for a machine about £150 ?

Paul
22-08-2011, 09:18 PM
can you let us know whart gear you use and how. we may be able to help you and save you some hasle. no always press is the one to blame ;)

John G
22-08-2011, 09:20 PM
What kind of press is it and what's the company called - did you get the printer sorted as I thought you where having problems ?

Lornem
22-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi.... It's an ace DMP 4 from apparel craft equipment , apart from that all other stuff supplied by BMS, followed their every instructions for the stuff I used, as I said it just seems to fade out top and bottom of mug

Lornem
22-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Printer sorted John , thanks very much, just me being a total amateur about it all, and looking a total div

Paul
22-08-2011, 09:30 PM
this one?

http://www.ace-apparelcraftequipment.co.uk/Transfer%20Presses%20Best%20Buy/images/DMP-41.jpg

do you let mug press to heat up first to the temp 180c or you puting you mug to the cold one and then switch it on?

Lornem
22-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes it is that one, and leaving it to warm up first

Paul
22-08-2011, 09:37 PM
so you saing your timingis about 190sec??? at 180 - 185C??
is worth to do a mug and position your mug right to one of the edges of the wrap. this way you can see if wrap is damaged and got cold spots. on the website says 10y warranty. i would contact them for ne wrap buddy. this one look knackered!

Ian M
22-08-2011, 09:48 PM
My home is in featherstone, but I'm a coach driver and work away every week ( Llandudno this week ) a two week tour of Ireland twice in the next month, my so is the one at the machine and I'm relaying everything to him, but will keep it in consideration if that's ok

Gonna ring the firms technical department tomorrow, if no joy, they have it says a great returns policy, so might ask for the money back and have a go at a different machine, I know it's not a lot, but any recommendations for a machine about £150 ?

No problem. :biggrin:

Lornem
22-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Tried that and yes its just fading more to the edge, think phone call is in order in the morning , thanks everybody for your thoughts and ideas, if you ever want a few vinyls doing at cost ..... PM me