PDA

View Full Version : "Flushing" your printer?

totallypersonal
31-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I ham starting up sublimation, using my old S20 printer, and have been told that I will need to flush any existing ink out of there before using sublimation ink.

The question is, how do I do this?

Any help will be appreciated, as I have searched and not found anything.

Thanks,

Rob.

smitch6
31-08-2011, 08:32 AM
depends if you'll be using a ciss or the normal carts and refilling them?
the ciss if it's full of normal ink then empty them throw it away etc
if they are normal carts then i don't think they can be used you'd need to get some proper empty clean ones

and then once you have sub ink in the carts run a few full colour heavy pages through and that should then get rid of any normal ink within your heads

thats what i did when i 1st got my used epson
altho others might have a better idea :)

mrs maggot
31-08-2011, 09:57 AM
would just printing off copies of colour images not work ?? ie use up all the old and pull through the new - you would have to use a photo that had all the colours in it i guess

totallypersonal
31-08-2011, 10:18 AM
depends if you'll be using a ciss or the normal carts and refilling them?
the ciss if it's full of normal ink then empty them throw it away etc
if they are normal carts then i don't think they can be used you'd need to get some proper empty clean ones

and then once you have sub ink in the carts run a few full colour heavy pages through and that should then get rid of any normal ink within your heads

thats what i did when i 1st got my used epson
altho others might have a better idea :)

Yeah I will be using a brand new CISS system, but I read somewhere that I need to clean out dried ink from old pigment ink cartridges?

smitch6
31-08-2011, 11:44 AM
the ciss comes with carts so as long as they haven't been used before it'll be fine just run thru a couple of good heavy colour pages with the new dye sub ink and it should be fine :)

always worth doing a test piece though before a proper order ;)

totallypersonal
31-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Okay thank you, I will follow your advice! :)

Paul
31-08-2011, 12:31 PM
when you put new cartridges in to your printer. then heads will be autamaticly cleaned. this is enough for new ink start to flow. I know as I sometimes swap cartridges in my printer.