PDA

View Full Version : how much is the Brother GT-782 garment printer, is it good?

apples69
05-01-2010, 08:47 AM
how much is the Brother GT-782 garment printer, is it good in terms of other printers for t shirts?

Stitch Up
05-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Don't know what it costs now but, a while back, we went to a demo of the printer. I have to say, I wasn't impressed even though I wanted to be!

The process of producing a T was just to long and although the printed T looked okay when it came off the printer, after curing, it lost it's vibrancy.

I also did the sums. I believe that in order to make a profit, you have to be churning out shirts all day & everyday.

Would I like to own one - definately yes, BUT, the cost of hardware, consumables and maintenance is just to much, especially when you consider the alternatives.

John

mrs maggot
05-01-2010, 11:14 AM
apples - nip onto t shirt forums (http://www.t-shirtforums.com/) click on the t shirt forum - it is a link, you will have to look around its a big site, but look for DTG printers, then brother

its a massive site, and you can get a bit lost in there, but there will be heaps of advice on DTG printer

apples69
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
apples - nip onto t shirt forums (http://www.t-shirtforums.com/) click on the t shirt forum - it is a link, you will have to look around its a big site, but look for DTG printers, then brother

its a massive site, and you can get a bit lost in there, but there will be heaps of advice on DTG printer

so a DTG printer is the one to buy for garment printing?

Justin
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
It is if you have a lot of money to spend and a lot of tee's to print! Personally I feel that you're unlikely to get your investment back for many years.

If I get any decent tee runs I get them screen printed. An alternative if you're printing the same designs is to have transfers made.

purpledragon
06-01-2010, 09:43 PM
you wont see much change from 10 grand

apples69
06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
you wont see much change from 10 grand

ouch, count me out then :shock: