PDA

View Full Version : Signcut Pro vs Flexisign

busybusybee
02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Hiya, i have been offered a years subs for sign cut for £12 or a lifetime of flexi for £61 (with dongle).

Which one is the better, i have a Liyu cutter and its fine for my needs. Just wondered which software was better in the long run???

Cheers again :)

John G
02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
What software are you using now to design and also to cut?

busybusybee
02-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I design in illustrator then export to signcut, but at the moment im paying £10 a month for sign cut. I find it good but basic.

Paul
02-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I try signcut and for me is to basic. is so basic that i dont know what to do there :)

I use flexistarter. just sold my flexistarter 8.5v2 and upgraded to flexistarter 10. is grerat. you can ajust your designs etc. also countour cuting is one of the bigest bebefit of thi software. price is great to. another bonus is it work exelent with cheaper chinese cutters. so flexi for me ;)

busybusybee
02-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Think it might be the flexi then Paul!! You should have sold it to me bud!!! haha!!

At the moment all i do is single colour design's although ive been asked to do my first 2 colour :)

Can you import a jpeg in flexi and create cut lines from that??

John G
02-09-2011, 01:58 PM
If you are just using it to cut with, no designing, then why do you need a fancy program - did your plotter not come with artcut?

Paul
02-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Think it might be the flexi then Paul!! You should have sold it to me bud!!! haha!!

At the moment all i do is single colour design's although ive been asked to do my first 2 colour :)

Can you import a jpeg in flexi and create cut lines from that??
before you go for flexi check that your cutter can work with it.

regard to jpgs i never try cut jpg lol :)

Renniwano
02-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I use Corel Draw/SignCut with my cutter.. does it for me :)

busybusybee
05-09-2011, 04:29 AM
Nope my plotter came with sign cut which i had to pay £10 for for a year's licence, i was then told if i was made to pay id basically been robbed!! (That was by sign cut themselves). I like sign cut but im still getting used to cutting etc. Any guides out there for designing and using cutter software??

Relativeportraits
09-03-2012, 11:39 AM
I use 'vector magic' which is a program to change any graphic including jpg to scalable vectors, results can then be imported to any sign software .