PDA

View Full Version : Sublimation Ink

NASH
03-09-2011, 11:21 AM
If i already have Artanium sublimation Ink in my Ciss can i mix it with Rotech Ink. Any advice appreciated

Paul
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
no one is recomending of doing this. dont forget rotech and artanium are two diferent inks so after mixing them you would have to reprofile your printer. I think... :)

NASH
03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I have two printers one Artanium and one on Rotech and i`m trying to get both printers on the same ink. And now i`ve run out of magenta and i don`t really want to buy one bottle of Rotech and one bottle of Artanium

bms
05-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Would it make that much difference? I recall about 6-8 years ago Listawood, who use to only sell Rotech ink had problems with supply when Sawgrass started to have issues with the company selling Rotech (before Sawgrass bought them out). At that time Listawood started selling Artainium ink as Rotech wasn't available. I don't recall a massive problem with ink calibration at the time so it may be possible to blend the inks with out too much of an issue.

Paul
05-09-2011, 09:08 PM
true. its also important how much of old ink is still in ciss.

NASH
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I have started to blend some unkown sublimation ink with the Artanium and no problems as yet, but now i`m going to try blending Rotech ink with Artanium when it Arrives

Thanks Chaps

Reg
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I switched to Artanium earlier this year from Rotech I've been blending the 2 with no problems.