PDA

View Full Version : Importing Blanks from China.

totallypersonal
06-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Does anyone have experience of importing sublimation blanks (mousemats etc.) in directly from China?

I would be grateful to hear of approximate prices from China, and any tips from importers.

Thanks,

Rob

NASH
06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
How many? (Container load)

totallypersonal
06-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm not thinking that many, but I have sent a few emails around and for mousemats the prices seem to be around 30-50p each on a quantity of 50 which is pretty reasonable.

John G
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Are you sure that covers everything like shipping, import tax etc - seems too cheap to me!

totallypersonal
06-09-2011, 04:51 PM
That's only the prices quoted from some places that I have seen. I will know more soon once I get replies from e-mails.

NASH
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
for that sort of quantity i woud reccomend UK suplliers. Delivery would be within 24 hours, opposed to weeks

totallypersonal
06-09-2011, 05:09 PM
If the prices really were half of what the UK Suppliers charge then I would definitely go with the China Suppliers, as even though delivery is often very slow, it would be a pretty huge saving.

Paul
06-09-2011, 05:32 PM
when ordering from china most things is with me within 14 days. not to bad...

Andrew
06-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Delivery would inflate the cost too much. Also import tax and duty etc. The problem is that it is hard to get back to the actual manufacturer and many companies over there will tell you whatever you want to get a sale. For 50/100 or whatever you will not be able to get the same quality/reliability as UK supply and save money at the same time.

Listawood
06-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Andrew raises some very good points. Although there is an element of 'we would say this' importing from the Far East directly can be fraught with difficulties. It's critical that you know who it is you are buying from in order to make sure it doesn't go wrong for you. Other things to consider would include payment terms, shipping times if using sea freight (shipping cost otherwise), accountability if you are unhappy with what you receive, ensuring as the importer that the goods comply with all EU legislation relevant to the product and that you have the test certificates to prove it, etc, etc.

It's really about the volumes and the amount it therefore warrants you investing both in terms of your cash and of course, time.

Alex.

totallypersonal
07-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks for all your help guys, I think I will give it a shot with a sample order and see how I get on.

I'll update this thread in due course!