PDA

View Full Version : HELLLLLLPPPPP!! D120 Continuous ink system

Robert
05-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm just setting up my continuous ink system on D120 from BMS and just tested moving the head all the way to the right. As soon as the head goes under the plastic cover, the tubes buckle over to the side and jam. I've taken all the slack out and even tried giving it too much slack, but nothing seems to work.

What can I do?

jennywren
06-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Have you thought about calling out someone, most of the small bussiness that repair pc ect and pay someone to fix it, Long term think of the stress it cause you if this keeps happening. Its not earning you money while its out of action. When I buy a printer ( I have four and in constant use ) I pay the extra for someone to set it all up for me and once a year pay for a service I've never had any trouble or clogged nozzels, ect

mrs maggot
06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
have you called BMS i know they are helpful from replies on here and other forums

Robert
06-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I've managed to sort it now. I called BSM oriinally but their tech guy is off till next week - hence posting it here. Eventually I found giving it excess slack resolved the problem although the tubes do twist a little. For the sake of a £60 printer though, I might as well buy another if it breaks rather than calling someone out, who would charge a minimum of £45 just to come out.
My biggest concern was the tubes becoming damaged - didn't want to lose £200 of ink!!