PDA

View Full Version : Mug Template Designs - Exclusive for DSF members

Martinx
12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi there
Hope you are all well

Apologies in advance if I am stepping on any toes here.

Especially for all those who dedicate time to sub mug printing, I have designed 22 mug templates you might be interested in.

With a wide range of personalised styles, you can choose text insert or photo upload designs offering customers more choice.

All templates:
- Measure 220mm (W) x 95mm (H)
- High quality 300 DPI Resolution
- Are provided in an editable PSD format
- Downloaded Instantly

I am offering this service exclusively to DSF members only.

Please visit:
http://www.mugsquad.co.uk/mug-template-designs.html

These designs can only be advertised on your site as 'mug print' options and not to be re-sold as templates.

If you have any questions, please shout

Thank you
Martin

Lee
12-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Some excellent designs here Martin - they should do well for you mate!!

Paul
12-09-2011, 02:18 PM
very nice templates.

Martinx
12-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys

I have spent a lot a of time putting them together (@@)! Hopefully they will benefit others.

Martin

JSR
12-09-2011, 03:12 PM
You might need to be a little careful with those designs. The first one on the page entitled "Super Hero Mug Template" incorporates the familiar diamond logo of the "Superman" comicbook character. This, I believe, is trademarked. You may wish to check the legalities of selling that design.

Otherwise, great designs you have there.

Martinx
12-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Thank you.
To be honest, I did wonder on that one. Slightly borderline but I will amend to be on the safe side

AdamB
12-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Martin - are those the prices per design?

Or are you doing a package with them all?

Adam

Martinx
12-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi Adam
How you doing? Hope your ok

They can be purchased individually at the prices shown, or alternatively you can buy the complete set at 25% discount which appears at the bottom of the page.

Thanks

AdamB
12-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi Adam
How you doing? Hope your ok

They can be purchased individually at the prices shown, or alternatively you can buy the complete set at 25% discount which appears at the bottom of the page.

Thanks

Thanks Martin, never spotted that - yeah good mate thanks - hope you are well :-)

Martinx
12-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Super Hero Template now updated.

Martinx
15-09-2011, 12:02 AM
For 2 days only grab a bargain.

Get 20% discount on all Mug Template designs
CLICK HERE (http://www.mugsquad.co.uk/mug-template-designs.html)

Thanks

Martinx
04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
OK these haven't been as popular as I'd hoped. I've dad plenty of views though.

Apart from offering them for FREE is there anything that would entice you mug sub peeps?

Or if you have any feedback let me know. I am open to criticism!

Thanks
Martin

purpledragon
04-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi Martin
your templates are pretty good nice jazzy looking certainly have impact, i think the problem is you havnt done anything that most people on here can not do themselves, The nature of the beast is that if you are in this game you probably started off furiously throwing designs out in photoshop or corel.The other problem i find (and its just my opinon) is that joe public wants a golf mug or a fishing mug or just a picture of little jimmy on the mug ive had some pretty impressive looking templates and i have to be honest no matter how good i think they look they just dont sell. Paul used to churn out some pretty nifty templates and sell them on here it'd be interesting to hear how they sold for him but i suspect a few took the offer up but i doubt he made a fortune from them .
Brett

Martinx
04-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi Brett
Thanks for your views. I am now on my way to Beachy Head!!

The reason I decided to go down this route was for 2 reasons.

1. For the past year I have been printing personalised mugs, but it's been quite soul destroying that the likes of ebay are making a mockery of this business by offering printed mugs for next to nothing. Therefore I wanted to provide credible businesses out there the opportunity of offering customers something different to perhaps combat this issue. I wanted to provide templates that would match the likes of Funky Pigeon and Getting Personal.

I appreciate that the majority possess photoshop skills in order to create their own but there are also those who don't.

2. Simply, I really enjoy designing so combined the two.

Cheers
Martin

John G
04-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Got to agree with Brett - I design all my own artwork, people want their own photos/text on a mug and are not bothered about fancy backgrounds IMO.

Reg
04-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Martin
I've got about 160 templates that I've bought from various places and some I made but I've removed them from my website because all customers seem to want is just the photo and name or message.
Reg

Martinx
04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Interesting John, thanks.

I do offer photo and text upload options within the designs but if customers prefer simplicity then I need to look at this.

Like I said I have only been doing this for a year now so I am still understanding the market and what people really want.

I may trial these on my site as printed mug designs as apposed to selling them as templates.

Cheers
Martin

Martinx
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks Reg. Further proof.

AdamB
04-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi Martin,

just my 'two pennys worth' you are obviously very talented in designing and you want to push this to be able to bring in some extra cash, and quite rightly so.

I've used your services and the end result (as I explained in the messages I sent to you) was better than I thought - and this isn't meant to be offensive (Martin knows this already). What I mean by 'better than I thought' was that I too do a lot of designing (as JohnG said, you can't seriously compete in this game if you don't) but I was in a position that I needed a specific template that I knew a few people wanted. I saved time asked you to do it Martin and my customers were happy when I sold them the mugs .............. I wasn't out of pocket as I got the cash back that I paid for the design when selling the mugs.

I have taken a look at your other templates and they are all very good, but - will I sell any? This is the question that stops me from investing into something that I can't guarantee that I will sell to get my money back to be able to invest into other things.

I bought the 'super DVD' from Paul when I first started off and I have sold quite a few of the designs making back (easily) the cash I spent on the templates (strangely it was very simple designs that sold - something that I wouldn't have designed myself but I added them to my portfolio as they were ready to go).

Martin, it's catch 22 for you I am afraid. I design and if the templates were a little cheaper then I would probably purchase them to 'save my time' - but you also don't want to undersell yourself and your abilites by offering them too cheap (plus too cheap and everyone will have them and they won't be unique!).

Just my two pennys worth :-)

Paul
04-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I think most of you know about my web site?! I must say they very popular but in certain time of the year.
lot of you say there is people that want only simple name and photo mug. I had this too before. but did you try to "sell" your mug with templates? I did :)
Most people take mug with template then without. But all I had to do i show them how this mug is look like. so I printed few templates with best pictures i had. and it worked :) Also very important is to clearly let people know that they can get fantastic looking mug for this same price as normal, borrin photo and text one. my 3p. (adam had 2 :) )

Martinx
04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi Adam, hope your ok mate
Appreciate the love!

As you say it was just a way to earn extra ££££££s as sub mug printing alone is so crowded so wanted to look at other channels. Interesting that simplicity seems to sell.

Paul - Thanks for your threepence. I haven't yet promoted the mug with templates option but think I will give it a try.

We live and we learn hey!!

All the best
Martin

Justin
04-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Difficult one this Martin. I really like your frames and I'm a great believer in this type of thing. That doesn't mean my customers buy them though! Several occasions recently I've offered really nice frames/backgrounds and the customer has gone for plain photos stuck front and back for the same cost.

I think the simplistic approach could have some legs, as I've mentioned before, it would be good to have 3 frames for every occasion, a traditional, modern and maybe a quirky design so that we an offer a small selection. I think the more you have to offer the customer the more confused they get so offer a smaller choice of quality frame.

Price would be a bit of a turn-off for me personally. i would have to think long and hard, how many times would I be able to re-use the purchased frame and how long before I get a return.

All said, I think you should persevere and there could be natural progression into other areas. I have a couple of really nice frames here that I adapted so that I can offer a matching mug and coaster set for example.

Martinx
05-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Hey Justin, hope all is well.

I'm currently looking into designs for specific occasions but this feedback has been very worthwhile.

Thanks all

Martin

Martinx
25-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I have reduced the mug template designs to rock bottom of the mug prices!
For a limited time only designs from only £2.99

Click here! (http://www.mugsquad.co.uk/mug-template-designs.html)

Paul
25-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I think i may get couple. I can see thete two templates i like :-)

sarahjayne
25-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Nice templates - like the polaroid frames, just not sure how often would need that many photos on a mug. The "this way up" one - should it be risk of scalding, rather than risk of scolding?

Martinx
25-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Just checked and yes your right so thanks for pointing that out. Now amended!

Define: Scolding ='To reprimand or criticize harshly and usually angrily' Yes not quite the meaning I had in mind.

Thanks
Martin

Justin
05-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm currently looking into designs for specific occasions.....

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it seemed silly to start a new one here! Did you ever look at different templates for occasions Martin?

We've spoken a little recently about having templates for different items, mousemats etc. Is this something you might look at doing or do you not feel it worthwhile? I hope sales of these have increased since the thread was last updated.

Martinx
05-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey Justin
Hope you're well

To be honest time has been my enemy in recent months so unfortunately I haven't been able to work on 'occasion' specific templates as much as I would of liked. I did however finish of a few Valentine templates which I started last year.

With regards to sales, put it this way I'm still busking at weekends Ha!

Justin
05-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I like the Valentines frames :-) I do hope customers can start to see how good mug look with these, I'll certainly be looking at using them if I ever get my site populated.

smitch6
06-02-2012, 07:32 AM
you still not had time to do your shop?
or are you struggling? if so just give me a shout and i'll try and help :)

Martinx
06-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I like the Valentines frames :-) I do hope customers can start to see how good mug look with these, I'll certainly be looking at using them if I ever get my site populated.

Thanks Justin, I have to say they do come to life when printed on a mug.

You will get there with your site and it will be well worth the blood, sweat and tears lol.

smitch6
06-02-2012, 08:01 PM
yes but will it be worth my blood sweat and tears and really late night rofl

good job Justin's a nice chap hey ;)

Martinx
06-02-2012, 09:13 PM
yes but will it be worth my blood sweat and tears and really late night rofl

good job Justin's a nice chap hey ;)

Ha! now that's another question entirely...best get the sleep while you can lol

Yep that Justin is certainly a top guy as is most I have come across on the forum.

Justin
06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Jees...a few backhanded compliments there me thinks!

If you knew the sleepless nights you lot give me! lol :tongue: