PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Trader removed

mrs maggot
14-09-2011, 08:56 AM
guys and girls, please be careful, an ebay trader who has been "removed" from ebay and no doubt from his house, after thinking it was OK to do a Hells Angels t shirt complete with the death head on it, most of his shirts are copy honda/kawasaki etc but he went that actual further mile to make a copy of a HA support shirt. if you dont understand the working of a particular market - stay away from it, but thats one listing i bet they will remember for the rest of their life.

with sons of anarchy proving popular with the wannabe market, there are a few t shirt sellers pushing support gear, if you dont know who your local contacts are on either side (and if you need that explaining you really should keep away from bike gear) then by all means run it past them first, but dont ever assume you can copy or make bike club stuff.

AdamB
14-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Is this trader a member of the forum Laura?

AdamB
14-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Just had a look on ebay Laura ................... like anything on there, it's rife with sons of anarchy stuff, some official merchandise but most are unofficial!

sarahjayne
14-09-2011, 10:56 AM
guys and girls, please be careful, an ebay trader who has been "removed" from ebay and no doubt from his house, after thinking it was OK to do a Hells Angels t shirt complete with the death head on it, most of his shirts are copy honda/kawasaki etc but he went that actual further mile to make a copy of a HA support shirt. if you dont understand the working of a particular market - stay away from it, but thats one listing i bet they will remember for the rest of their life.

with sons of anarchy proving popular with the wannabe market, there are a few t shirt sellers pushing support gear, if you dont know who your local contacts are on either side (and if you need that explaining you really should keep away from bike gear) then by all means run it past them first, but dont ever assume you can copy or make bike club stuff.

Hi Laura,
I was having a look at your site and see your designs are quite biker orientated - it was a market I'd hoped to have some designs for next year and I was going to approach a few of the smaller west of Ireland rallies about having a stand and perhaps even suppling the event with official badges, mugs and t's for that particular year and rally. Not sue though if I'd have enough stuff to warrant the cost of the stand.
I thought the rule of thumb - correct me if I'm wrong - was MCC, stay away and MC find a contact and have a chat?
TBH had never heard of Sons of Anarchy - are they a real life organisation as well, or just on the telly, is that just an unofficial product issue rather than a biker one?
thanks

GoldRapt
14-09-2011, 10:58 AM
I understand about knowing your market but why has the trader been removed from ebay and his house? There's loads of stuff on ebay, is hells angels based stuff subject to copyright.

Oh, I see there is a H.A.M.Corporation with copyright. Amazing :-)

mrs maggot
14-09-2011, 01:12 PM
no sarah you have it the wrong way round, unless Ireland operates differently. Sons of Anarchy is causing a few issues for some people as clubs get itchy about back patch stuff. Some of the HA stuff on ebay is being sold by HA chapters, which is quite different from someone copying it and selling it. GR i would imagine having his home address on his ebay details, will have been a mistake he wont make again.

i was just trying to give a friendly heads up, that there are markets out there which you HAVE to understand, and that you cant just jump into without an understanding of the history and hierarchy that exists within the club scene, without risking serious health issues.

GoldRapt
14-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the info Laura, very interesting.

John G
14-09-2011, 01:22 PM
without risking serious health issues.

:biggrin: I take it the boys have been round :wink:

sarahjayne
14-09-2011, 02:44 PM
"no sarah you have it the wrong way round" - I did mean it the other way round -I should re read before posting ... but thanks for all the info. I have been to quite a few Irish rallies - allbeit a number of years ago and they ranged from having quite a few commercial stalls and sellers to those had just the obligatory chip van. I know there's a club in Galway and then most counties have one or two mcc's and then there are the bigger clubs like the devil nomads. Come to think of it there's a "biker" cafe down the road, so maybe that would be a good place to start . Guess I could do with getting some stuff made first - but hey, it's good to be optimistic right?!?

mrs maggot
14-09-2011, 03:29 PM
goos luck sarah, the biker cafe sounds a perfect place to start

John - i could not possibly comment

jennywren
14-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I always think for one for every one removed 10 take their place. Or am I cynical in my old age.

gtd91
14-09-2011, 07:11 PM
hhmm this post is an interesting one .....

somehow i cant see the HA being that annoyed at someone selling a tshirt on ebay that they would take that kind of action, i might be wrong. But they must have better things to be doing... and combating online copyright infringements doesnt seem their scene xD

Ian M
14-09-2011, 08:37 PM
hhmm this post is an interesting one .....

somehow i cant see the HA being that annoyed at someone selling a tshirt on ebay that they would take that kind of action, i might be wrong. But they must have better things to be doing... and combating online copyright infringements doesnt seem their scene xD

I have a friend who is a long standing member of Satans Slaves which is very similar to HA & he has a very successful business. You'd be amazed how many business orientated people are part of this scene & that is why they know so much about things like copyrights etc.

I for one wouldn't like to cross any of them but, my friend & his mates do raise a lot of money for childrens charities every year.

gtd91
14-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I guess i didnt really picture that being their scene, but where theres money, theres trouble eh :P

I kinda thought bikers were a bit more anti-establishment about life i suppose, but i can see it being a good business oppurtunity....better start growing a beard and getting a leather jacket ;)

busybusybee
14-09-2011, 09:20 PM
You really have to be careful with copyright stuff! I refuse to list anything against copyright and if someone send's me a image im dubious of i ask them to send me a email stating they are the copyright owner and have permission to use the image. It might not be perfect but hopefully enough to cover me!

Ian M
14-09-2011, 09:22 PM
I guess i didnt really picture that being their scene, but where theres money, theres trouble eh :P

I kinda thought bikers were a bit more anti-establishment about life i suppose, but i can see it being a good business oppurtunity....better start growing a beard and getting a leather jacket ;)

Like the saying says 'never judge a book by its cover'. My friend drives a Mercedes Estate car plays the saxophone to relax & he also has his Jaguar V12 trike for when he dons the leather jacket etc. He just thought he could do better running his own business rather than working for someone else & has been very successful in doing so. Must admit he does have a rather unorthodox method for collecting late payments though. :biggrin:

Mugsman
17-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I have also done some things for a Mcc and they have very strict rules and laws lol and the head is one of them always ask and get written permision as it might not be the post man knocking your door down . but they are a great bunch of people and they too do loads for charities

Karen.
22-02-2012, 05:07 PM
I know this is an old thread now, but I do designs and printing for a few car and bike clubs and also have permission to print one of the top bike manufacturers logos. However even that has to be done in a certain way only and I know the person who deals with the copyright issues for this particular manufacturer. They trawl eBay and generally online all the time and will prosecute anyone found using their logos, bike pictures, and text styles.

RogerC
22-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Some people are just plain stoooooopid'.........you just don't mess with HA if you value your knees. That said I knew a few in Bristol who were really nice guys though I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end!!!