PDA

View Full Version : Printer paper not coming out straight

harlequeen
14-09-2011, 07:53 PM
This is a quite trivial thing in a way, but when I print the paper is slightly on the skewiff. This means when I come to cut the paper to wrap around the mug I have to cut it straight to the design rather than use the straight edge of the paper. I have a Ricoh 3300 and have tried putting the paper in and straightening it a couple of times.

Does anyone else have this problem? I find it quite fiddly cutting the paper straight and it's irritating me as I like to use the guillotine with the paper's edge as the straight edge.

Paula

Paul
14-09-2011, 07:56 PM
havent you got this thingy in the ricoh to hold the paper stright? In epson you just make sure this is hold the paper tight and is always printed lovely.

harlequeen
14-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes, there is one, but it just doesn't seem to hold it straight. It's not hugely off, but enough so that if there is writing or a straight edge design, I see it and once I can see it, I'm sure others will. Although, after looking at one I did, I checked one I bought at old trafford a few years ago, and that was much more skewiff than mine!

John G
14-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Right, so that's Man u mugs you're making :wink:

Are you making sure the guides are just touching the paper - too tight onto the paper and this may cause the print to run off.
Are you talking about printing on A4 paper or paper that has been cut down?

Paul
14-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Are you making sure the guides are just touching the paper...

thats the name!! Thanks John :)

harlequeen
15-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, the guides are touching the paper and I'm talking about full A4 sheets. Maybe they are too tight as you said, I'll have another look.

I wasn't printing a Man U mug, although I have from a photo I took outside the ground, for my own use only. I was printing a series of mugs for my local round table, which had lots of writing, so it would be really obvious if they weren't straight. I looked at my Man U mug when I was having a cuppa later.!!! :biggrin:

John G
15-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I print cut lines and cut to these with a scalpel - straight everytime.

If the guides are set right it could be damp paper, or paper that has a curl - if its not that then i'm stuck too!

technick
25-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Having problems with this also at the moment, using border lines around artwork

logobear
25-07-2016, 02:20 PM
WE OCCASIONALLY HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, - THE PAPER IS 'PISSED' ooops - just done a tshirt all in CAPS !
Never worked out what was the cause

wayupnorth
25-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Try reducing the paper feed speed option in the driver, it is pretty manic at full pelt !

technick
26-08-2016, 03:43 PM
What is going on....I am having all sorts of alignment issues with my 3100.

I'm using the BMS pre-cut. Comes out as double bits of paper sometimes. Prints can be angled and sometimes even looks as if there is an arch on the print across the centre? Anyone else had this issue?

technick
26-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Where can i find this setting? Can't see it it anywhere within the preferences! Cheers

wayupnorth
26-08-2016, 04:02 PM
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4169&stc=1

Had a similar feed issue with multiple sheets being picked up. Ok when only 2 sheets loaded in the tray but very inconvenient. Changed to TruePix classic and no problems since.