PDA

View Full Version : Good quality hoodies with thick draw cords ?

gtd91
19-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi guys,

Im looking for a very specific style of hoodie to buy, for Vinyl pressing....and i know if theres someone who knows where to get them, itll be on here :D

Basically just a nice thick hoody with thick draw cords, kind of like the superdry, jack wills, hollister, A+F etc etc

if anyone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it!

thanks poeple

mrs maggot
20-09-2011, 08:51 AM
try AWDI range (all we do is) http://www.justhoods.co.uk/

AdamB
20-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I had a hoody from uneek and they were VERY THICK, thickest I have seen I believe, at 300gsm and 350gsm.

http://www.uneekclothing.com/ you'll need to register and have an account to order :-)

gtd91
20-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the replies guys :)

AWD do seem the popular option that im looking at so i might go with them,

with the uneek clothing , do you need to be vat registered or anything ?

cheers again

djhutton
20-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys :)

AWD do seem the popular option that im looking at so i might go with them,

with the uneek clothing , do you need to be vat registered or anything ?

cheers again

Don't think they are all that fussy about that, they want your business.

Front Row do a hoody with a thick/wide draw cord (just done some) AWD are wide as well.

DJ

schizowife
21-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Just had a sample hoody sent from papini.co.uk and i got to say it is a lush hoody. 380g with a contrasting colour hood lining and drawstring. Very soft and comfy hoodies.

AdamB
21-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Just had a sample hoody sent from papini.co.uk and i got to say it is a lush hoody. 380g with a contrasting colour hood lining and drawstring. Very soft and comfy hoodies.

Those look nice :-)

Just out of interest (I've just registered so waiting on my own account), how much are the hoodies please?

schizowife
23-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Adults £9.65 and childs £8.10 not cheap but customers love the one i'm wearing and already have orders for a dozen after 1 day:biggrin:

AdamB
24-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Adults £9.65 and childs £8.10 not cheap but customers love the one i'm wearing and already have orders for a dozen after 1 day:biggrin:

Many thanks - they doo look nice, the polo shirts also look nice :-)

foleygifts
27-10-2011, 10:06 PM

hi i see the hoodies are 380g & 35% cotton and 65% polyester would these be ok for sublimation printing do you know? thanks

schizowife
28-10-2011, 12:16 AM
hi i see the hoodies are 380g & 35% cotton and 65% polyester would these be ok for sublimation printing do you know? thanks

Except i dont think they do a white one

AdamB
29-10-2011, 08:05 AM
I registered with papini.

My first impressions (although I have yet to place an order) is that they are a very professional and polite company.

I filled out the web based registration page for a trade only account. Then a nice lady called me on the shop number to ask a few things plus to confirm I was actually trade, she then asked if I was interested in anything in particular. I told her that the hoodies looked nice and I was also looking at the Polo Shirts which had a nice range of colours - she asked my size and said that she'd pop one in the post to me as a sample!

2 days later I had a semi-heavy package delivered in a garment mail bag (small in size, soft to touch but quite heavy). My goodness I thought as I opened it and found the contents to be my hoody - not wrong with being thick and heavy!

The hoodies seem very, very good quality and as schizowife (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/member.php?1136-schizowife) said they are very soft and very comfy!

Yes, they may seem a little more expensive than the standard hoodies you (and I) deal with but they stand alone compared to other brands so this in itself would put a premium return on the item. Note: I have not done wash tests or printed anything on the hoodie yet but I can't see these factors being a problem.

Oh, and in the little package that came was a clothing catalogue, price list, pen, post-it pad plus some other bumf.

What also gives me a good feeling about papini is that their website is very tidy and easy to use - something that's a plus when you use the net to jump in and order when you need something. Plus, if you want a bespoke service they can create hoodies/shirts from your choice of colours to match company/school/business events etc (not sure but I think the minimum order is 250-500).

schizowife
29-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Mine has washed up lovely Adam. And i have just received a parcel with note pad, pen catalogue etc :).

If you want your own 2 colours contrasting on the hoodies they will make these up but a minimum order of 200 is required.