PDA

View Full Version : custom ICC -sublimation Printer calibration

Paul
22-09-2011, 02:37 PM
HI!
I decided to start this tread as I have LOADS of PM's from people that need custom ICC created. Some of them use one but cant get descent greys, reds or blues or other colours.
so here I am :cool:

I am ready to create custom ICC for your ink and your printer. I have done it loads of times with 99% succes.

Price for custom ICC:
£24.99 with money back if not success.
PM me if interested.
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2963/mug3p.png

AdamB
22-09-2011, 02:43 PM
What's the process involve Paul?

Do we have to print out something and send it to you via snail mail - you then send us the ICC profile?

boristrump
22-09-2011, 02:48 PM
you have print onto some mugs or tiles, what other way can you do this?

Paul
22-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I send you pdf and you print it on your usual sublimation paper. send it to me and i do the rest for you. more info over pm.
I press it for you. you not worry about nothing else. only print on paper.
info about software and setting you use will be over PM as everyone use diferent so no point to type it all on here ;)

AdamB
22-09-2011, 02:58 PM
I send you pdf and you print it on your usual sublimation paper. send it to me and i do the rest for you. more info over pm. involved 2x large envelope and stapms. I press it for you. you not worry about nothing else. only print on paper.
info about software and setting you use will be over PM as everyone use diferentso no point to type it all on here ;)

Understood Paul - many thanks :-)

Paul
27-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Here is a picture from FlyinAl who ordered custom made profile.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1174/beforeandafterprofile.jpg

above is a mug image using old profile (left) and new profile (right) completely removing a slight greenish cast.

FlyingAl
27-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi,

Photo doesn't really do the results justice, 'in the flesh' the improvement is quite marked. I know photoshop very well and before Paul's new profile I usually had to manually tweak colour balances to get great results, now I get great results without making tweaks :) happy man

cheers
al

AdamB
27-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Paul / Al,

you can certainly see the differences that the profile makes .................... but, to be honest I can't see which one would be better as I don't know what it 'should' look like if you know what I mean? Both mugs look very nice, and the graphics are impressive (nice design by the way Al).

I think it would be very interesting Paul if you pressed mugs with a generic image (say the test image that you did with the colours etc) on them with and without the custom profile - then everyone (including myself) would be able to see the differences better. Everyone knows what the colours of the rainbow should look like so I reckon it would be easier to see the difference.

I've no doubt at all that you do the business Paul - I'm not saying this. It's just that if people saw how beneficial a custom profile would be then I reckon there would be a lot more takers.

Question though buddy. I did read somewhere that Black and White images (greyscale) are the hardest to get right (don't I know it!). So, would a generic profile improve the greyscale images or would a seperate profile be required to print in greyscale?

Adam

Paul
27-10-2011, 09:44 PM
you can certainly see the differences that the profile makes .................... but, to be honest I can't see which one would be better as I don't know what it 'should' look like if you know what I mean? Both mugs look very nice, and the graphics are impressive (nice design by the way Al).
yeah. i know what you mean. orygial artwork would be handy to see what we want to achive...

I think it would be very interesting Paul if you pressed mugs with a generic image (say the test image that you did with the colours etc) on them with and without the custom profile - then everyone (including myself) would be able to see the differences better. Everyone knows what the colours of the rainbow should look like so I reckon it would be easier to see the difference.
I will do. but in this case I wanted to show that even if you have a profile and you think your prints are not to bad. then you can see here they can be better :wink:

Question though buddy. I did read somewhere that Black and White images (greyscale) are the hardest to get right (don't I know it!). So, would a generic profile improve the greyscale images or would a seperate profile be required to print in greyscale?

Damn right buddy :( grey scales most dificult to get. and it does not matter what ink you using right now. some of them got larger gamut and some of them smaller. but grey scale is always a b***D! but yes. it can be done :) I normaly create from 360 samples. to get descent greyscale (photographer perversion :) )I did my from 1200 samples :) long proccess but damn worth it :)

Paul
11-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Profile listed on ebay if somone want one :cool:

Paul
23-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi all! just to let you know!
Now I can create color correction profile for your printer, inks and paper by using 1100 color samples charts! this mean your colors can be better then ever.
here you can see diference:

green colored gamut show standard ICC profile gamut. it gives great results but somoe colors are out of it. whitch means some colors are simply imposible to achive as your printer dont know how to mix your inks and print them.

White colored gamut is new profile generated for this same ink, paper and printer. just more color samples was used. (1100!!!)
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4782/screen1nb.jpg

So if your prints are great colors but suffering of some color cast this maybe solution for you. so just let you know that now it can be fixed ;)

boristrump
25-11-2011, 03:43 PM
1100 colour chart?
can you send me the 1100 colour chart?

Paul
25-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I can :-)
Will send you links when back to my pc. Its basicly 3 tiff files with 1100.color samplea to print out.

Paul
08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
just to let you know i can do basic ICC now. is this same stuff as from 1st post but is created from smaler color samples.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250950033981&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_954wt_1139

boristrump
08-12-2011, 12:06 PM
thanks still waiting Paul :)?
1100 colour chart?
can you send me the 1100 colour chart?

Paul
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
ohhh. sorry i didnt get that... Do you need this to print out and scann? or you want only have a look?? if you want can service then please PM your email so I can send you pdf with some instruction.

thanks

PAul

JSR
08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
just to let you know i can do basic ICC now. is this same stuff as from 1st post but is created from smaler color samples.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250950033981&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_954wt_1139
If I were you, I wouldn't specifically specify "sublimation" in the title of that listing. I'm sure there are many people out there using third party inks (dye and pigment) who aren't getting accurate colours and who would benefit from your ICC profiling service just the same as us dye-subbers.

Paul
08-12-2011, 01:02 PM
i was thinking about this but as long as I dont test this service on normal inks then I will hold up with it :) unfortunatly i dont have normal inkjet printer here atm so cant test it :( but if you happy to be a lab mouse and willing to send me some normal print i am more then happy to try it for you for free of corse :)

JSR
08-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I have third-party dye inks in my Brother MFC-5890CN which we can use for testing, if that would help?

I did a profile using my ColorMunki and there wasn't a huge difference (though there is some difference), from what I could tell, but then it depends on paper as well as inks and settings. Ideally you'd need to match the inkset to the chosen paper (matt, glossy, premium, etc) to get best results (just as one profile rarely covers mugs, coasters, glass, mousemats, and metal).

If you'd like me to send you some prints using my dye ink, I'm more than happy to do so. It'll be after the weekend now, though.

We're also looking at using third-party dye inks in our HP Officejet when the current inks run out, too.

Paul
08-12-2011, 01:26 PM
fantastic! pick the paper you use most and we can try it out :)

JSR
08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
LOL, I use plain paper the most! :biggrin:

But I have plenty of photo paper here so I'll pick from one of them.

Paul
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
yeah :) photo paper will be best i think ;)

The French
15-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Paul I summarize (because my friend Google translation is not true).
"I sent a sublimation printing on paper.
-brand paper?
-the mark of ink?
- Two A4 envelope with two stamps.
- £ 25 by check, Paypal ....?
- Your address?
- Other things?

Paul
15-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Sorry i realy need to update that :-)

i will send you pdf with instructions how to print the charts.
You just need to
print charts on sublimation paper as you would normaly print for mugs.
All you need to do is print them and send them to me. I do the rest. In 24h after i got your prints i will send you your custom made profile. Simple :-)
nothing else is needed.

The French
15-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Paul, so I await your PDF.

Thank you for your patience

Paul
15-12-2011, 07:35 PM
pm sent ;)

and paypal is fine ;)

The French
16-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Hello Paul,
hello all,

Paul, you have a pdf with corel draw? :redface:

Paul
16-12-2011, 05:05 PM
no :)
but is this same settings like with artanium inks. I dont use corel for my printing. But I will try today and see if i can do screen shoots so you can set it up youself

PAul

The French
16-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Thank you Paul!

JSR
10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I just want to add my word of thanks to Paul for using his newer profiling device to create a profile for my Brother printer.

Although I have my own profiling device (ColorMunki), Paul's device uses many more colour patches to come up with a more accurate profile first time out. The ColorMunki uses less colour patches but allows you to "optimise" the profile specific to each photo/design, but Paul's latest device means that optimising isn't required for the vast majority of items.

I printed up a ceramic tile last week, using one of Paul's Valentine Templates (it was a mug template but I adapted it to fit the tile).

http://www.mugsandgifts.co.uk/offsite/valentine_tile_01.jpg (https://secure.mugsandgifts.co.uk/oshop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=137)

The photo and template frame on the left is as it looks on the computer. The tile on the right is a printed tile that's been photographed. Nothing has been tweaked or altered to make the tile look better. That's as it is. With the exception of a slight weakness in the pink/reds, the actual photo is far more accurate than anything I've ever been able to produce from my set-up in the past. No matter whether I've used expensive Artanium inks with a 6-ink £300+ printer, or not, the reproduction of the photo is closer than anything I've been able to achieve before this. (And this was not printed with a £300+ printer, nor with 6-inks, and I'm not saying where the inks came from... :cough:).

All I can add to this is that, if you're struggling to get good colours from your set-up, get yourself a custom made ICC profile. Don't struggle with some near-miss generic profile supplied by Sawgrass if you're struggling with colours - save yourself a lot of hassle with a custom profile. Yes there are many places you could go to get a custom profile, but Paul will always go that extra mile to help you out and guide you through it.

AdamB
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Fatastic post JSR :-)

Paul - I know I've promised to come back to you regarding a profile but I'll get back to you this week buddy.

Paul
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Thank you Jonathan for those kind words!! I am Happy I could help you. Thing I like the most is the picture bckground :wink: is grey gradient. I had loads of printers before. supported ones an unsupported. but non of them was NEVER able to produce such as good grey gradient. Now we can ;)

Paul - I know I've promised to come back to you regarding a profile but I'll get back to you this week buddy.
no worries mate! you know where I am :wink:

JSR
10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you Jonathan for those kind words!! I am Happy I could help you. Thing I like the most is the picture bckground :wink: is grey gradient. I had loads of printers before. supported ones an unsupported. but non of them was NEVER able to produce such as good grey gradient. Now I can we can ;)
I agree. The background is very accurate but I'm even more impressed with the skin tones and the colour of the blouse. In the past I've always had a trouble getting the "light" colours - particularly with a four-ink printer because it has no "light" inks. Even when using the ColorMunki profile, very light colours would sometimes be blotchy and there'd be a predominance of yellow (presumably because it's the lightest colour in the inkset). It was something that could be solved with tweaking and optimising the profile, but with your profile that doesn't seem to be necessary.

One thing's for sure - I've never been able to get so close to matching colours when using a Sawgrass-supplied profile. Of course I know why now, but had I known years ago I would have saved myself a lot of stress and heartache. I just didn't know any better when I started out.

The French
10-01-2012, 06:06 PM
wow great!
I look forward to my profile!
I also bought one for Paul.

The French
25-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Hello Paul,

Even with the icc profile (Epson p50), I toujour green and a light pink.

How can I fix this?

thank you

pisquee
25-04-2012, 03:16 PM
You are probably best emailing Paul directly to discuss this, as you may get a quicker response.

JSR
25-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello Paul,

Even with the icc profile (Epson p50), I toujour green and a light pink.

How can I fix this?

thank you
Your previous post was in January. If you got your profile in January and it's now not doing the job, it could be that your inks are getting a little old (it is three months later). You may need a newer profile to match the state of the inks today.

The French
25-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I speak to Paul, but I saw that other one also encountered this problem.

So if anyone has a solution?

I think the problem is not the profile but the printer!

JSR
25-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I speak to Paul, but I saw that other one also encountered this problem.

So if anyone has a solution?

I think the problem is not the profile but the printer!
For minor colour differences, you may be able to adjust whatever RGB sliders you have in your printing app. I've done this before in Qimage.

Is your image a photo, or a design of few colours? Playing about with the rendering intents might give you slightly different results. While we often stick with "Perceptual", that has the effect of altering all the colours if some are outside the colour gamut. The colorimetric rendering intents tend only to alter the colours that are outside the gamut, while not altering those that are within it.

In short, you need to experiment with trial and error. Sorry I can't be of more help.

The French
25-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I do not know if there is a problem with the inks.

But I have often seen this problem in others.
Both with sublimation ink than normal.

So maybe someone knows this problem, specific to the P50.
And was successful in solving this?

thank you

The French
26-04-2012, 04:08 PM
To solve this problem
I ordered an Epson 1400:tongue:

Thank you all

JSR
26-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I hope that works out for you.

I have two Epson 1400 printers here, both with Sawgrass Artanium ink and both need to use different profiles. The older printer (bought in 2007) can only use the Sawgrass "Artainium UV+ 1400 v1.icm" profile while the newer one (bought in 2010) has to use the Sawgrass "ArTainium_UV+_1400-1410_RGB_v2.5.icm" profile.

If I use the "v1" profile on the 2010 printer, or the "v2.5" profile on the 2007 printer, I get radically different results. The only way to get accurate colours was to abandon the Sawgrass profiles and get Paul to make some new ones up for me.

Likewise, I bought an Epson B40W to use with Sawgrass Artanium inks. When I used the Sawgrass profile, the prints were hideously "green" and "flat". I asked for a newer profile, but there wasn't one available. I was going to throw the printer away, but I got Paul to make up a custom profile and suddenly all the colours were accurate and vibrant.

I know I'm in the minority and, chances are, that going for an approved printer with Sawgrass ink and profile is likely to work out just fine for you, but there are exceptions to everything.

The French
27-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Thank you for this testimony JSR.

I do believe that if with it, it will not.

I would see Paul for a new profile!

good weekend