PDA

View Full Version : Request for Sublimation Mug Printing

Billy Bob
23-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi,does anybody know a good factory to order sublimation mugs direct

Justin
23-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Are you looking to get them printed ? Many members on here can do this for you and some of the Suppliers also offer this service. I'll move this thread into the Member to Member offers/requests section for you as you've posted in the new member intros.

Billy Bob
24-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Are you looking to get them printed ? Many members on here can do this for you and some of the Suppliers also offer this service. I'll move this thread into the Member to Member offers/requests section for you as you've posted in the new member intros.

Im looking for a factory in the far east where I can get a reliable source,perhaps bring in a couple of pallets to try before a container etc.

Andrew
24-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I doubt bringing in a couple of pallets would be cost effective. How much do you go through in a month? You can get decent deals in the UK or Europe if you go to the right place which would hardly make it cost effective to go through the hassle of importing. By the time you add taxes, shipping and delivery, agent fees the other side to make sure you don't get a container of scrap etc. it it rarely worthwhile unless you are doing atleast a container a month...... and I personally wouldn't bother then either.

If you put a bit more info about what you do there might be more chance of getting info. I've taken a few years to know the few factories around the world which produce a relaible mug. Not realistic to think it will just be handed over with not knowing a bit more.

Billy Bob
25-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Morning Andrew,We go through about 1000 mugs a month on line.Im sure you want to protect the factories and the info you have,Thanks for the feedback though

Andrew
26-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't entertain a container load as most will be looking at 30k mugs. There isn't actually a great saving to be made compared to the decent priced UK distributors. Their mark-ups are surprisingly low on volume if you go to the right one. I would test out the various mug options in the UK and see which is best value for money. Importing is a risky business and unless you have freight charges nailed down for a 30ft container you will probably not end up saving any money and putting out a very large outlay. We do over 200k mugs a year now and I stay away from direct import for various reasons. Deals are here to be done in the UK and it's far safer.

Lee
26-09-2011, 01:20 PM
"over 200k mugs a year "

Wow - are you selling them to a Greek restaurant or something!!!!!!

Andrew
26-09-2011, 01:30 PM
"over 200k mugs a year "

Wow - are you selling them to a Greek restaurant or something!!!!!!

That's it, those Greek weddings are great for business ;-)

Mattie
26-09-2011, 01:53 PM
So your printing around 550 mugs per day

Andrew
26-09-2011, 01:57 PM
So your printing around 550 mugs per day

Some days are quieter as we also do coasters/metal/mousemats and some other items as well, then other days might be flat out with an easy design on a mug and we can knock out over 1500.