PDA

View Full Version : Printing image colour not coming out right

JOSI74
25-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi all, I am trying to print some mugs. But when it is printing the green is coming out blue. Do you know why am I doing something wrong. I am using epson B1100 inkjet printer with ciss sublimation system thanks

sarahjayne
25-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Is that before or after pressing? As a total sublimation newbie, took me a couple of attempts to trust that the image I saw come out of the printer would press into the image I saw on the screen.
Otherwise - try Paul - he will do you a custom profile for £25 - money well spent if it eliminates a potential problem.

JOSI74
25-09-2011, 01:08 AM
before pressing, i am going to check that the yellow isnt blocked. have you had a custom profile done for you from Paul, if so how does it work am all new to this only been going for the last couple of months. thanks

sarahjayne
25-09-2011, 01:16 AM
before pressing, i am going to check that the yellow isnt blocked. have you had a custom profile done for you from Paul, if so how does it work am all new to this only been going for the last couple of months. thanks
Can see you are in Blackpool, off the top of my head, there is a really good sign and sub shop locally to you - for some reason Badger comes to mind? I am sure they'd help. I have only made 6 mugs, started yesterday with a B1100 - so you are way ahead of me.
Chatted to Paul for a long time about the profiles and will get one - the procedure is simple - look here -
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3194-custom-ICC-sublimation-Printer-calibration-)

JOSI74
25-09-2011, 01:23 AM
i dont know of any sub shop near me, i will look into it. i have just emailed Paul to see if he can help, I have done a nozzle clean and its still the same, i have printed greens before so dont understand. mind you in the past i have tried printing bright pink and that comes out like a terrocotta. fingers crossed Paul can help. I have a load of mugs to do for my sons football team and cant do them now :(

sarahjayne
25-09-2011, 01:42 AM
sounds like a printer issue rather than a profile one, how did the nozzle check print come out?
http://www.badgersofblackpool.co.uk/about-us.html

these are the guys I mean - if they can't help, they probably know a man who can :biggrin:

Calling it a night as one contact lens as fallen out and squinting ....
Good Luck

bms
25-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi all, I am trying to print some mugs. But when it is printing the green is coming out blue. Do you know why am I doing something wrong. I am using epson B1100 inkjet printer with ciss sublimation system thanks

Are you using CISS system filled with Artainium or other supported sublimation inks? If so then you should already have an ICC profile for colour matching supplied to you.

What graphics package are you using? Should be PhotoShop or Corel Draw and if so have you followed the instructions to the letter of how to configure this package as well as your printer driver? All this information, including screen shots of exactly how to set everything up are contained on the CD that came with your sublimation ink system.

JSR
25-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Has the printer printed correct colours in the past?

I bought a supported printer and put supported Artanium inks in it and used the supported ICC profile for the supported system - yet prints all came out with a horrid green cast. The problem was with the printer.

It made no difference that I used the approved/authorised/supported what-nots because the printer was at fault. The only solution was to make a brand new ICC profile. As soon as I'd done that, the colour cast was gone and colours printed perfectly.

I'm just saying this so that you don't think "I bought all the approved stuff, it's not printing right, what am I doing wrong?" You may be doing nothing wrong - it may be that the printer isn't manufactured to good enough tolerances for the supplied ICC profile to make a hoot of difference. Tolerances are invariably likely to be wider on the cheaper printers than the more expensive ones.

Paul
25-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes it would be nice to know what you use. what software, how its set up. do you use any profile now?

JOSI74
01-10-2011, 10:13 AM
How do you make a new ICC profile

Paul
01-10-2011, 11:04 AM
you need to print some colur charts and scan them to the computer. special software measure and correct them.