PDA

View Full Version : EPSON s22

maucca
25-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Just bought epson s22. Now i need to buy sublimation inks. Because limited budget i think to try cheap inks. Where can i get them?
If i try my printer with original inks, is it any difficulties coming with changing to sublimation inks? are the original inks suitable for printing to t-shirts? waterproof?

JSR
25-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Any supplier of "unauthorised" ink is likely to be shut down by the patent holder of "authorised ink". It's best not to discuss suppliers of unauthorised ink on an open forum, otherwise they won't be suppliers for very long.

maucca
25-09-2011, 12:42 PM
So i am going to be criminal? :frown:
What inks should i buy? I first thought that i could start with cheap inks and make my all mistakes with that. And when i am familiar with sublimation, i should buy better inks.

JSR
25-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm not saying anything about criminal or the purpose for the inks. I'm just saying that the patent holder of the authorised ink take patent infringement very seriously indeed. I'm sure someone will answer your question - my post was only to suggest that it would be wise not to say who the source is on an open forum.

Bear in mind that whenever you buy sublimation inks, authorised or otherwise, you get 100ml of each colour. That's equivalent to more than 10 of each regular OEM cartridges, and more than enough to practice with. Even the expensive authorised ink is cheaper than OEM ink on a per ml basis.

Justin
25-09-2011, 01:05 PM
If you intend to use authorised inks anyway, start off with them and get everything working. We can't discuss suppliers of non-authorised inks on the forum. The S22 isn't an officially supported printer so I'm afraid you won't get support from the ink supplier.

You may be able to source third party inks locally (I see you're in Finland) otherwise you could import them yourself from China but will also need to factor in a custom made profile.

maucca
25-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Can i use the original inks for something?

sarahjayne
25-09-2011, 01:50 PM
You could use inkjet transfer paper with the original inks to make t shirt transfers but you really need a heat press to get a half decent finish. I use them to make personalised baby vests for friends, as a cheap and cheerful new baby gift. On larger sizes the transfer feels quite tough and it often cracks after a while - so I prefer them for little things. The quality and finish is not a patch on sublimation but if you are desperate to use the ink ... or just print some photos off - that eats ink right up!

JSR
25-09-2011, 07:41 PM
It might be a good idea to keep the original cartridges to one side for the future. If you need to send the printer in to be fixed or whatever, then popping the original OEM carts back into it would be a wise move. If you've kept the original ones, you won't need to buy any more in that situation.