PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 8 - Some Pages Don't Display!

Stitch Up
07-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I have an issue with IE8 in that some pages simply don't display! I get no error, just a blank white page with 'Done' in the bottom left corner.

There are two sections that won't display on this forum:
Member to Member Offers/Requests - My last post and replies
The Marketting section.
Both just show a blank page as described above!

I've tried clearing the cache
I've disabled Kaspersky Internet Security
I've disabled Super Anti Spyware
I've disabled IE8s pop-up blocker
I've downloaded Firefox & Google Chrome - no show
I've disabled add-ons
I've tried compatibility mode
I've gone grey
I've reset to default settings.
I've nearly given up.

When I go to one of my other PCs also running IE8, I can view the page and this is my escape just now.

Anyone?

John

swimwivsquid
07-01-2010, 03:49 PM
No problem here with IE8 and you seem to have done everything including reset to default. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I use Malwarebytes and Super anti spyware to keep check of virus etc..both are free and work well. If one doesn't find something the other usually does. Seems like just a glitch though....software geting its knickers in a twist. Good luck.
Richard

mrs maggot
07-01-2010, 05:20 PM
mozilla firefox for me all the way

Calypso Bay
07-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Hmmm........

Justin
07-01-2010, 06:18 PM
IE sticks on my laptop so it's K-Meleon for me, far quick browser I find :D

Stitch Up
07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
This doesn't seem to be an IE8 problem, if it was surely I'd be able to view the pages in Firefox or Google Chrome?

Strange

swimwivsquid
08-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Got this of another forum that I frequent where someone was having problems with a firewall might be worth a try? "could log in fine on home system but no go on laptop so i sent myself the link in a email accessed via the laptop deleted the existing saved bookmark accessed the site ok then added back to me favourites"
Regards
Richard