PDA

View Full Version : Printed mug - urgent help

JOSI74
09-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I am looking for someone to print me some mug wraps for sublimation. I am at present getting my ICC profile for my printer and require these mug prints within the next couple of days.
In the meantime, is there anybody that would print me 25 wraps - the design is a logo for front and back, please PM me and i will send the logo.

AdamB
10-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi Joanne,

I thought you were sorted on this?

John G
10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Are these full wraps or just logo's front and back?

JOSI74
10-10-2011, 03:23 PM
just logo front and back

JOSI74
10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
i thought i was but the guy is having problems with his colours

AdamB
10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
i thought i was but the guy is having problems with his colours

Oh - must be icc profile realted. I've been there many times with images that 'should' print a certain colour and don't before I had the correct kit - and to be honest there's still the odd product that needs to be manually altered (the shade of the colour) before printing, in partiular (not sure why) sublimatable metal doesn't seems to like red when I print them - I end up turning it a very dark maroon to get a red when pressed. But for other products, the red has no problems (strange I know).

Hope you get sorted :-)

Paul
10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
its about dark blue. is out of gamut. and i will have to spend whole day to profile blue only to get close enough... in this case printer is trying to correct that and print more purpure.

JOSI74
10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
blees you Paul you are a star trying to help me

Paul
10-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I realy wish but I dont thik its right to send you something that i dont think is good enough :(
this kind of logos should be printed spot on. and i dont want to see you disapointed. thats all...
but if I menage to get this colour back to my gamut I will still try to do it for you. but cant promise so if somone can help before i get this sorted then it would be lovely.

dobbosd
10-10-2011, 05:07 PM
hello, this is the first time iv had a chance to get on here been busy. I have build my self a website and shop www.dobbosd.com feel free to take a look. why dont you send me the design to allan@dobbosd.com I will have a look and let you know. hows that .

John G
10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Allan, You might want to have a look at all the photos on your site, they all seem either squashed or stretched - customers might think that's how the product would end up!

AdamB
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Allan, You might want to have a look at all the photos on your site, they all seem either squashed or stretched - customers might think that's how the product would end up!

I was thinking the same thing John after I just had a quick look.

Allan, some of the images you have haven't been optimised for the size they are displayed at - what I mean is if you right click on some of the images and click 'view' image it will load the image that (in some cases) is very high quality and takes time to download and thus takes up some of your bandwidth allowance.

Oh, and be carefull what images are displayed on some of your images - no one's saying that you would supply a product with a 'copyrighted' logo but showing them on your site looks like they are available to purchase.

I'm not trying to offend you - just advise as I have built a few sites and know of the amount of work that goes into things like this so well done on your efforts so far and I hope it works for you and brings in custom :-)

Lornem
10-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Give it a run through a spell checker as well

Mattie
10-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Agree with above posts images are stretched and pixelated, Far to many images flashing etc and dotted about doesn't have structure.

AdamB
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Agree with above posts images are stretched and pixelated, Far to many images flashing etc and dotted about doesn't have structure.

Matthew has a couple of great sites Allan, have a look at them (see his signature for website addresses) very nice .................. and (as I said before) the chat facility is an excellent add on :-)

AdamB
10-10-2011, 05:53 PM
But - anyway, we seem to have taken a step to the left on this thread ................. meanwhile Joanne (see first post) is still looking for some help guys :-)

dobbosd
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Thank's for the advice, no offence taken! I have only just learned about dream weaver ftp and web space. As it happens I had to learn about it all over long tutorials over skype of all things. Will look in to it.