PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ink blotching/bleeding through paper

Bass3rd
08-01-2010, 12:33 AM
hi Guys!
I recently purchased an Epson Workforce 30 which is all set up and ready to go.
I ordered sublimation paper from a seller on EBAY and I think he sent me paper that was already damaged before shipping it out. I was told that maybe the paper came in contact with some moisture and that's the reason why it curls up in the corners and is very hard to pass through the printer.
but I seem to have fixed the problem by scotch taping the bottom of the sheet to another plain sheet of paper to keep the bottom of the page straight and curl free.. It also helped to have cut out the the curls off the corners. Now paper runs through easily.
Now my problem is when the page runs out of the printer, the ink seems to have blotched/ and or bled right through the paper itself. The ink is not drying fast enough . And also the picture is not clear at all. I have run plain and glossy paper through and picture came out real nice. But the problem occurs when I use the sublimation paper. I am printing on the shiny side.
can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong? i don't think the issue is the paper, I think I need to adjust the settings on the printer and I'm not sure what to set it to. javascript:emoticonp('http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/confused.png')
hope someone has answers for me.
thanks in advance,,,,yvonjavascript:emoticonp(':(')

Justin
08-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi there,

Are you in the U.S? I think the Epson Workforce 30 is called the Epson D120 in the UK, looking at pictures i'm guessing so.

If you're printing onto normal/glossy paper and it looks ok I'm pretty sure it'll be your sublimation paper. I don't like the sound of it getting damp and you having to tape it. Personally I'd dicth the paper and start afresh.

What inks are you using? Is there a brand name on the paper?

Have you set up an icc profile for the printer?

Justin :-)

Stitch Up
08-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I agree with Justin - dump the paper!

We all like a bargain, but sometimes it comes back and slaps us in the face.

Paul
08-01-2010, 08:44 AM
also less ink going through the heads if priner is set to matt. paul

Bass3rd
08-01-2010, 05:00 PM
That's what I thought,,i did the icc profile, i made sure the printer was set to matte paper.
That leaves me the paper,,,there is nowhere in town that I know of (Ottawa,Ontario) that sells that kind of paper,looks like I'll have to shop elsewhere on line. Any sugestions where to get good quality paper. and does the grade matter?
Thanks
Yvon

Paul
08-01-2010, 05:43 PM
grade no matter. for me any whay... :D
go for texprint or trupix if you can. they recomended by sawgrass.

Paul